Never give up! Nailed L2 in 4th attempt

Ill keep it short 2011 - band 3 2012 - band 4 Gave up… thought its not meant for me. Family encouraged me to give it another shot 2016 - band 10 I was shattered. Closed my books for good. But found a mentor and he encouraged me. 2017 - passed with >70 in 8 topic areas. Moral of the story ; if u want it, Just dont give up. It’ll take some time but you’ll get there

Many congrats on your journey jbjr201! Onto the final hurdle!

Cheers Mate :slight_smile:

back to back band 10s for me. This is encouraging, thanks for sharing your story.

@ jbjr201

I admire your perseverance! You deserve your CFA next year;)

You’ll get there, Just dont give up. I had decided not to go ahead in 2012, L2 is a beast but it can be tamed.

Congrat guys!!!

Thank you for sharing the story.

I set a goal to get 50-70% and thought it would be enough. Wrong idea

What did you do differently to put you over the cut? I am essentially in your same situation…

The first 2 times i was only focusing on CFAI books (big mistake). They are an amazing source but extracting relevant information takes up alot of time and isnt worth it.

This time i only did EOC questions and the BB examples from the CFAI books. I was making my own notes from lectures and material provided by kaplan.

All these attempts i was working full time but for the latest one, i took a week off from work . Also i didnt find CFA mock exams really helpful. They arent a true representation of the exam. Instead i did topic tests multiple times. I found kaplan mocks useless.

The key is practice, repetation and retention. Goodluck. You can do it. We all can do it

Likewise - Started 2013 - Band 3 -> 9 -> 10 -> Passed last year. I know how you feel! First 2 times I did not have the time cuz of work - so I was pretty surprised when I got the Bank 9 too (very close). The Band 10 year - got kicked by Ethics. Agree with your approach - lot of practice and just running through the material repeatedly.

Congrats on persevering through Level 2 - Best of Luck at L3! For those who didn’t make it through - chin up.

hey I think this will be my 5th attempt…

I know sounds a bit crazy, but this is what I want and I don’t care how long it takes, as long as I get it. My first few times were I think below band 5…I got rear ended and the full recovery took longer than I thought (18 months). I think my back would have healed faster if I didn’t physically push myself too hard to study for the exam by gobbling painkillers…

then I got a band 7 and band 8…I only focused and studied with CFAI books, which was a big mistake.

This time, I am thinking to focus only on the questions of CFAI books, and try out bloomberg and just do crazy reptition.

Keep it up. I used IFT videos and mocks which helped tremendously this time. I will probably at least do his two mocks again and probably add all six Schweser mocks along with CFAI mock, prior mocks and TTs, EOCs, BBs. I think everything will still be pretty fresh so probably start in December doing quick reviews through each chapter and right into questions again.

I see people using Bloomberg for CFA studies and mocks? Any insight? I looked and packages seem to be $500+

Definitely inspiring… congrats jbjr201!

How’s the IFT?

I just wanted to try out bloomberg because it provided similar package to schweser package at about the same price…I don’t have any insights…there basic package was 599? for 6 mocks and study materials, which I think is about the same for schweser… I heard mixed reviews about schweser tho…some said it helped, some said it did not…

5x’er here: Bands 1 ,2, 5, 9, Pass

I’m not a great test taker, but finally accumulated enough knowledge to have a chance in almost every question no matter what CFAI threw at me. In the first two attempts, I bone-headly used the CFAI curriculum only, rotely reading and doing EOC’s and maybe one or two mocks. Then, I jumped from Band 5 -> 9 using Kaplan and maybe 3 mocks. Kaplan seemed to crystalize some concepts that I was missing, whereas CFAI is so detailed, I couldn’t see the forest for the trees. Then finally this year did the TT’s and 7 mocs and finally pass. If I could do it over, I would start with Kaplan, do a read by December, then do EOC’s/TT by mid-April, and have 6 weeks for mocks. I would use CFAI text only for the high value sections FRA, EQ, and FI.

I registered for level 2 - 3 times before passing… did not sit one year… if you have difficulty here level 3 is HARDER… I’m on my second try at level 3 and after 600 hours between two years I don’t know if I passed this year…

the game is not over… you have to push more at 3… exam is more difficult IMO

Props to you and your mentor, jbjr201!!! :+1:

You all are really brave that you prepared again and again till you got through. I failed Band 9, I really feel so frustrated with every passing second. I know I could have been there, it was just a matter of a few questions.

But result is also bit surprising and am thinking of Retabulation. I know it won’t work but maybe it will give me a relief that I at least tried.

Hats off to those who have re-appeared again. You are all so brave.

respekt