Can I Take Level 2?

So I signed up for Level I this past January in what I thought was my last year of undergrad. Unfortunately I mistakenly thought this coming semester was my last but due to some classes I didn’t know I needed to take I still have another year from this point on.

I just passed Level 1 so my question is can I register for Level 2 come tomorrow? I think the stipulation is Bachelor’s degree or final year of program or combined work/school experience totaling 4 years (the last of which I do have).

I’m only taking 9 credits my last semester (3 classes I didn’t realize I needed) and they’ll all be really easy so it would be the perfect time to sprinkle in some studying and knock out another exam before entering the workforce. I just don’t really know if I’m allowed and I don’t really want to call the CFA and ask because I technically wasn’t supposed to take Level I.

You seem qualified to me at least - just register and see what happens.

Do they ever ask people to provide proof of degree/work experience for registering for an exam?

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/register/Pages/index.aspx

Per the CFAI website above, it says “you must have completed your bachelor’s degree program in order to register for the Level II exam” and if you want to try the combo of school/work of 4 or more years, it says “the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment”.

So if you take the strict interpretation of this, in my opinion I would say technically no, you should not register. If you are asking if they check this stuff if you try to register, I don’t know, you can try and see as suggested above. Worse case is you wait till the semester is done and register the day after you graduate for June 2018.