Suspiscious Results

I received my exam results yesterday and I believe they we’re from another candidate, as in they we’re not mine.

Here’s why I think this:

When asked whether the Scranton matched the book number, half of the candidates in the room raised their hand that they did not match.

When collecting booklets after finishing up the second portion, I overheard our proctors mentioning they we’re missing booklets and we waited, and waited, and waited.

This was my second attempt to take the CFA 2nd level exam, the first time I did not study at all - and I scored in the 2nd band of losers - and I deserved to score there. This attempt I studied 400+ hours and I KNEW the material like the back of my hand. My Schweser indicated I would pass easily, my mock exam indicated I would pass easily. Yet, I scored almost identically to my first exam (3rd band of losers) - like I hadn’t studied at all. The portions where I spent the most time, knew the best and put the most work in - I scored the worst. This smells incredibly fishy to me.

I went back through both sessions, checked my work, went back to circled questions, looked and made sure my answers lined up with my questions… this makes no sense. I left the exam feeling incredibly confident, and know from experience that this can be a false feeling - but to score like I basically guessed through the entire exam - no way, there’s no way.

I’ve already submitted a customer service request, and I will appeal and re-tabulate.

Well it sounds either like somehow CFA have messed this up (it seems unlikely) or you have been overly confident and missing a lot of fundamental knowledge and answering the trap in every question.

Either way I am interested to see how your retab goes. Good luck

I am sorry for your loss… it’s emotionally taxing I understand but it’s part of the game… when it seems the whole world is against you next year you may pass… keep the knowledge fresh and go hard again in 2018

No one else finds mismatched scantron and booklets suspicious?

Essentially they responded with an automated reply, “We have significant quality processes in place…” and in the same breadth to sign up for the 2018 June Level 2 exam.

Although those processes we’re CLEARLY VIOLATED at my testing center.

If there’s no way to verify, like a signed booklet AND scantron, that the scantron and booklet are indeed mine and match… there’s a serious problem here. How would they ever know if there was a systematic error or scantrons we’re “re-assigned”… or for that matter, scores we’re re-assigned.

For an organization that puts such an emphasis on quality, ethics, and a “sound and reasonable basis”, the “trust us” isn’t going over to well with me.

Just my 2 cents.

I am surprised with the result. Last year I was in Band 8. This year got Band 7 even after feeling much more confident after the exam. I had prepared really hard this year, that’s why surprised with the result. Will surely apply for retabulation.

Anybody else on the same boat here…

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%

• Alternative Investments 18 - * -

• Corporate Finance 36 * - -

• Derivatives 36 * - -

• Economics 18 * - -

• Equity Investments 54 - * -

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - -

• Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -

• Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -

• Portfolio Management 18 - * -

• Quantitative Methods 36 * - -

• Corporate Finance 36 - * -

• Derivatives 36 - * -

• Economics 36 - * -

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -

• Portfolio Management 18 - - *

• Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

I am surprised with the result. Last year I was in Band 8. This year got Band 7 even after feeling much more confident after the exam. I had prepared really hard this year, that’s why surprised with the result. Will surely apply for retabulation.

Anybody else on the same boat here…

• Corporate Finance 36 * - -

• Derivatives 36 * - -

• Economics 18 * - -

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - -

• Portfolio Management 18 - * -

• Quantitative Methods 36 * - -