June 2018 Exam Date

June 23rd!!!..Good news if you want extra time to study, bad news if you have something planned because you thought the test would be June 2nd. Seems ridiculous they would change it from the first Saturday in June.

https://twitter.com/CFAinstitute/status/890275256350511104

True scottgbab8. It all depends on ones own circumstances. May be good or bad. Ofcourse, not really good to change standard convention of first saturday followed by the institute unless there was a major emergency.

Ramadan.

Oh…then its fine. It would certainly have been difficult for Islamic friends if the exam date clashed with their holy festival.

Those who had planned their trips to Russia for the World Cup are screwed.

I’m getting married just 3 days after… we had planned everything thinking the exam would be the first Saturday of June. Guess we’ll just need to make it work, lol.

Wish they would have moved it to May so as not to spoil half the summer…

I’m getting married on 23/6/2018. Now have to postpone it

Damn. That’s rough, I got lucky then I suppose.

The exam or the wedding? If the latter, let me know how that discussion goes…

poor choice. Get married, postpone CFA.

I postpone my wedding :confused:

CFAI simply thinks we got no life outside of the exam

Political correctness gone way too far

Anyone knows if the results release date still be in July or August(eight weeks after exam)

This is absolutely ridiculous how is that fair for everyone else!!! I’m also getting married a week after I totally assumed it would be June 2…what was the explanation for this!!! :angry:

Ramadan lol

did CFA confirm that somewhere??

for me its perfectly fine, during the time I am studying CFA, I like to make several weekend/ short brakes in order to break routine, being the exam late june I like to make a short trip two months before end of April in Europe its perfect, long days improving weather much better than a winter trip. Anyway I understand the point of weddings but not the world cup, you will lose as maximum two group stage games of world cup which are the weakest ones

not cool

Unhappy with the delayed date. We’ll be further away from being free birds. Just takes up few more days of the new year, everyone has plans!