SURPRISED WITH THE RESULT !!!

I am surprised with the result. Last year I was in Band 8. This year got Band 7 even after feeling much more confident after the exam. I had prepared really hard this year, that’s why surprised with the result. Will surely apply for retabulation.

Anybody else on the same boat here…

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%

• Alternative Investments 18 - * -

• Corporate Finance 36 * - -

• Derivatives 36 * - -

• Economics 18 * - -

• Equity Investments 54 - * -

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - -

• Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -

• Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -

• Portfolio Management 18 - * -

• Quantitative Methods 36 * - -

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%

• Alternative Investments 18 - * -

• Corporate Finance 36 - * -

• Derivatives 36 - * -

• Economics 36 - * -

• Equity Investments 54 - * -

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -

• Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -

• Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -

• Portfolio Management 18 - - *

• Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

Don’t waste your money on retabulation. You just gotta accept the fact that you didn’t pass. Focus on what you did poorly in the previous 2 years and pass it next year.

I don’t want to sound insensitive, but if I’m reading your post correctly, you didn’t have one section scored in the >70% range? How are you supposed to pass when you don’t have a single section that was high enough to negate some of your weaker subjects.

I think you’ll have to do some soul searching after this one instead of blaming CFAI. Find your weak areas and improve upon them and come back next year stronger than ever. I’d start with Corporate Finance and Derivatives. Those were my two best subjects when I took the exam. The topic tests for these two subjects are good proxies for the actual exam, more so than any of the other subjects.

Just focus your energy on preparing for next year, am sure you’ll do better. Just identify some of the things you did wrong and try to improve on them.

Cheers.

@DIVI9855, I would suggest you forge ahead and don’t waste your energy and resources ($100) for retabulation. Its really obvious your matrix is far from “PASS”.Thus, focus on your weak areas and nail the next exams next year. If you insist otherwise, Best of Luck in all endeavours.

Cheers hommie…