CFA level 2 - June 2018

Hi all,

I have passed CFA level 1 in June 2016 and now i plan to take CFA level 2 exam this June 2018. I have a question

Whether I have to review all the sessions in CFA level 1 before starting studying CFA level 2?

Can I review things mentioned in CFA level 2 only?

Could you share your experiences in studying CFA level 2 after a long time.

I have admit that after 1 year, i have forgotten many things :frowning:

Thank all

Thereā€™s really no need to review the Level 1 material before diving into Level 2. Just start with enough time (I started late December) and cover all the material, EOCs, BBPs, topic tests, etc.

What he said. Do keep in mind there are some things you do need to remember that they expect you to know like the ratios and what not. So you canā€™t just forget about everything in level 1 eitherā€¦

Thank you guys

Iā€™ve started studying with CFA level 2 material.

When i bump into something that i forget, i will review it the CFA level 1 material. I think that is the best strategy.

Hey Mox,

I would Google ā€œThe Forgetting Curve,ā€ which shows how we lose info over time if we donā€™t make any moves to retain it.

The material we covered in level 1 has likely been forgotten, at least chunks of it. I would suggest (as Iā€™ll be doing) spending a week or two doing a comprehensive overview of level 1, prior to starting level 2. It seems like a relatively small, yet crucial investment of time and energy.

Thatā€™s just my opinion, but maybe some people that have passed level 2 would agree.

Anything the CFA Institute expects you to know for L2 will be in their curriculum. Thereā€™s certainly overlap from L1 (Ethics, for example) in the curriculum, but I wouldnā€™t rack your brain to go back to your L1 materials unless thereā€™s something big you feel youā€™re missing thatā€™s really nowhere to be found in the L2 readings.

Thanks Mcglasses :slight_smile:

Thanks bshap990

Sure, I think I will review the crucial parts and anything that is reminded in level 2 materials.