Supplementary Study Material (Wiley- Better option or not)

Keeping in view the difficulty and depth of readings in level 2, I am considering supplementing my curriculum prep with third party preparation material. In that respect, I am leaning towards Wiley mainly because of their highly esteemed video lectures and relatively better test bank. But people often complain about the streaming issues and poor service delivery. As of now, almost 62% of video lectures are available according to Wiley’s product availability schedule with the rest of them coming soon. And most of the lectures are delivered by Peter Olinto and Basit Shajani. (Even though I’d heard that they have left Wiley). If someone has already prepared using Wiley, what would you suggest, Is it a safe bet?

I had terrible experience using Wiley for level 2.

Wiley materials have errors and Wiley had no response to the errors.

I switched to Swcheser and passed level 2. I won’t touch Wiley for my level 3.

Wiley videos can get you through 2 as a stand alone product.

Their mocks and questions however cannot. They suck. The mocks are brutally hard and not at all reflective of the exam.

I’ve never used Wiley before and personally I’m not a big fan of videos but I’ve used Schweser for both L1 and L2 and passed with no problem. While I felt that during Level 1 there were some CFAI EOC concepts that seemed new to be and weren’t covered in Schweser, I felt that for L2,Schweser covered everything and was relatively easy to understand.

Wiley videos were fantastic for me, helped me reduce the time to grasp topics given the short study time available from receiving level 1 results at the end of January til the level 2 June exam.

Schwaser