Hours and hours

So, I’m back to study after passing level one in Jan 2016. I’m currently going through equity section.

How many hours did you really put into this? Did you find it really hard to start over after a two year gap? Any candidate in the same boat?

For June 17 L2 I logged 384 hours, though I did jump right in off of a Dec 2016 L1 pass. I had a friend who took L2 this past June, after a Dec 2015 L1 pass. He unfortunately didn’t pass, but I don’t think his 1.5 year hiatus was the reason for that.

2 years isn’t a big gap, should be okay. I wrote L2 ten years after L1. I had completely forgotten how to study for it, left ethics until last week and such other silly prep mistakes and scored band 9. Shouldnt be the case with you.

I agree. I don’t think you should worry about the study gap since L2 covers some of L1 and then builds from there anyway so it’s somewhat of a refresher. You also have plenty of time if you’re starting anytime within the next few months imo. As for hours, idk. I just did as much as I could. Some weeks only 12-15 hours and some weeks 30-35 hours. I ramped it up the closer I got to exam day so i was doing those 25+ hour weeks more often. I started in October to sit for June 2017.

I took L1 in 2013, its been a 5 year gap in my case as well. Don’t let that deter you, what matters is that you put in the time/ effort to master the material you’ll be tested on. Time passed since your last sitting is irrelevant/ immaterial. Plenty of folks fails to make it despite the fact that they prep for the levels in succession and some manage to pass when they’ve put in very few hours. Boils down to effort and luck imho.

i passed my level 1 in dec 2013. i will be writing my level 2 for the first time in jun 2018. I do feel my studying ability is down. I definitely feel dumber than when i was in school (mostly because work is not very difficult).

this is why i started early. I will also not focus too much about the reading portion. I am going to just do as many practise questions as i can