Is this doable?

Hi all,

As you guys have been through the CFA level 1 already, i wanted to ask you a timing question :

Here is my current situation, do you think i can manage June 2018 CFA?

• i work a full time job (55hrs a week with sometimes more)

• me and my partner are in long distance relationship and i need to see her every 2 weekends (otherwise might as well say bye bye…)

I’m usually a bit drained when i come from work but i m ready to go the extra mile because i need to get this exam done

I welcome your advice !

cheers

Most people need between 300 to 400 hours to really feel prepared for the Level 2 exam. If your definition of “go the extra mile” would allow you to get that many hours of prep in before exam day in June, then I say it’s very doable. If you don’t think you’d be able to put that much time, then I would personally say it’s not doable. My two cents!

I m taking the level 1 exam, wanted to get feedback from people who already passed it that’s why i posted in the CFA Level 2 forum

Thanks for your reply

I assume you are writing level 1 in December?

If you are sure you will pass and can hit the books right away for level 2 following the level 1 exam, it should be do-able. If you are going to wait on results for L1, then it will be more challenging, but still do-able.

Also, it depends on your background. If you are solid in FRA, Corp Finance and Equities, L2 should be a breeze. I personally found L2 to be easier than L3, but it has more to do with my background knowledge and experience, so it is different for everyone.

Sorry if i wasn’t clear, i am planning to write level 1 in June 2018

As for my background i m an investment management professional with 2 years of experience

Yea this wasn’t clear, because you also posted this question to the CFA Level 2 forum. 250 - 300 hours would be my guesstimate on required prep time.