Kaplan Schweser Mock Exams and Q-Bank vs. Wiley Mock Exams and Test Bank

I already purchased the 6 mock exams and Q-bank through Kaplan but was thinking about buying the Wiley mock exams too.

The wiley mock exams come with only 2 and is $195 but also includes 1200+ Practice Questions. It doesn’t seem like a lot of mock exams for that price at all. However, if the 1200 practice questions are good then it may be worth it.

My question is for anyone who has used BOTH the Kaplan Q-bank and the 1200 practice questions on Wiley… are they similar? In my opinion the Kaplan Q-Bank is not very hard and the questions are pretty much just useful for quickly reviewing the material. They really are nothing like taking an actual mock exam and seeing those types of questions. Is this similar to the 1200+ Practice Questions that come with the Wiley mock exams? If that is the case then it seems like it may not be worth spending $200 for 2 mock exams and another bunch of questions that aren’t really what I’m looking for.

Does anyone have any insight? Thank you.

I started with Schweser Kaplan and I ordered the Wiley qBank + Mocks two weeks ago.

Kaplan qbank is very easy and I average around 85%. I only did one Kaplan Mock so far but I got 82% on it which I felt was too easy and may not be represetative of the real test.

I’ve done all the CFAI practice mocks and averaged 70% on them to give comparison.

I finished all of Wiley’s qBank and averaged mid 70s on it, so its definitely more difficult Wiley has more vignette problems on their qBanks too. I haven’t done Wiley’s mocks yet but based on comparing the two, I feel Wiley is more presentative of the exam. (Its more similar to the CFAI practice problems / Mocks).

I would say the $200 is totally worth it.

125mph…how much do you study per week? hours wise.

On average, I’d say about 35-45 hours a week. But I do a lot of things in-between the studying so its not as precise. Since mid January I’ve been doing practice problems and qbanks. usually 5-8 sets of 20 questions per day (100 to 160) depending on type. There isn’t one day when I havent done at least 3 sets. I had a 10 day vacation in Vietnam in Feburary and still managed to pull off a few sets a day.

Sometimes I get a little burned out of qbanks and I go back to the text to review some material.

As you can tell, I’m a little bit obsessive.

What the? Your name really fits you…youre way too ahead with a speed of 125mph…Keep it up mate!

Thank you 125mph