CFA Institute QBank Practice Problem Difficulty

Getting absolutely destroyed by the practice problems on the CFAI website, so I want to see how others are doing. (Side question: I believe these were called topic tests last year?)

For example, I must have gotten 85% of the ethics EOC problems correct. Just finished with the CFAI Qbank… 57%. Doing FR&A now, and my score is like 30% - i.e. worse than if I randomly picked an answer.

Very thankful to the CFAI for providing these questions, as I do feel they are the best way to prep for the actual exam, but feeling very depressed with my scores. Thoughts?

Yes the online study questions are pretty tough – mainly because the stories are way too long and the information is buried in the stories. You gotta be a treasure hunter to dig through the essays.

I agree. Very true. No one else wants to chime in?

They’re hard. Some FRA vignettes are an absolute nightmare (Ericsson, jesus that’s hard). But for the most part, I feel like they’re doable and good practice. My overall score is 70% from doing all the questions from all topics.

The ethics questions are very difficult on CFAI website. But 30 percent on FRA? No offense, but I would highly suggest going back over the material, if not just skimming through it and then trying to remember as many formulas as possible. My first attempt at all FRA questions on the website was 64 percent and I think it could definitely be better.

I do think the CFAI Topic Tests can be pretty difficult for sure, especially for my weaker areas that I am trying to improve over the next handful of weeks.

But in my stronger areas like Ethics, Equities and Corp Finance, I find them extremely doable. I feel ok at this point about FRA as well, and while I might not always knock those ones out of the park, I find them fair.

If the CFAI Topic Tests are “way harder” than the actual exam, then that makes me feel a little bit better about exam day to be honest.

Yea. Fortunately my FRA score has doubled since then. Not sure if I got a particularly tough item set, or the fact that I was at work detracted from my ability to concentrate. Either way, they’re still challenging problems.

I wouldn’t say that they are way harder than the actual exam. The exam is no joke - significantly harder then level 1.

Trust me, I don’t look at it as a joke, I totally agree. I think my expectations are so high on the difficulty that it’s just nice to be able to score somewhat decently on some of those TTs lol.

Im not one of those ppl that are extremely confident, but I think I’m close. Based on the work I’ve done and plan to do down the home stretch, I’m just sticking with it and hoping that I’ll have done enough to make it through!

Just do it bruh