Recovery from just studying using Schweiser, Mock 55% any comeback advice ?

Hi All,

Some quick advice required. I studied over the last few months just using Schweiser. I did this on Level 1 (10 years ago) and passed without even glancing at the CFA books.

I have also done the CFA questions in their tool - scoring 66th percentile.

A few days ago I did a mock - 55% - level 2 mock AM conditions.

Problems on Ethics - 41%, hopefully resolved as I have looked at it a lot over the past few days.

Quant - 50% - not likely to be able to do much about.

FRA - 90% - not likely to do this well in exam

Equity - 66%

Fixed Income - 50%

Derivatives - 40%

I am now working through CFA book end of chapter questions to practice / identify areas Schweiser didn’t cover quite right.

Concentrating on Fixed income, then derivatives and maybe quant.

Anyone who has done this already have any tips as to areas where Schweiser is particularly lacking ? Anyone who has done questions in book - are they too hard / not representative ? Better to do other things ?

I am lucky in that I only work part time so have 21 free days between now and the exam. I am not convinced I can pass - my memory is terrible and this is a very memory intensive / reliant exam, which takes time. I am also 38 years old and memory does worsen with time - I find I study one section get it up to scratch but the section I looked at earlier is largely forgotten…

Advice appreciated.

First things first… if you’re taking the L2 exam, you should remove the “CFA Charterholder” from your profile…

I didnt put it on there and it wont remove itself even if I update !

Now that its removed, we can talk :slight_smile:

At 55% mock, you’re probably in trouble but can turn it around. Aim to crack 70%. Get a few more mocks and keep doing practice problems. I studied exclusively with Schweser on the material, and have browsed CFAI material where I missed a qbank question and needed further clarification.