Haven’t started Quantitative Methods - best approach?

I haven’t started Quant yet and it’s a weak area of mine, betting on it only being 5% of the exam

I haven’t started on it and think I will get low return on my time investment

If I had to spend a few hours learning some key concepts that may be on the exam, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

If you have been scoring okay on the mocks, having skipped it then you are fine :slight_smile:

Note; all the readings build onto one another except the last reading. So if you really wanna touch on quants, go for the last one

Haven’t been doing well on mocks lol… about 55% average. So in that case, still focus on the last reading? :slight_smile:

yah, its the one that is not so interconnected with the others. plus, its short and fairly straight foward

Well you should at least know the basics, QM in level 2 in much easier than level 1, what if 2 item sets shows up?

If two item sets show up for quant, I think OP might be in for a world of hurt UNLESS OP has a background in stats. CFAI can make quant questions tricky also.

I will echo others and say that you should focus on the time series reading and try to learn all the plug and chug formulas.

Skip the quant if you havent read it. There’s no way you will retain anything enough to answer questions on the test.

I didn’t wanna say it but, you said it for me lol. I worked incredibly hard on quant and still get tricked from time to time. Your statement is probably the harsh reality for someone who has skipped it at this point.

Realistically, if you read the multiple regression chapter and understand it, you don’t need to read simple regression. The only issue is CFAI might have introduced terms in the SLR chapter that aren’t redefined in the MLR chapter. I would be surprised if you’re tested more on time series than multiple regression.

I hate to say it but it may be too late in the game for you to learn quants, it takes a lot of time. You could try to read through Schweser (or another 3rd party prep provider) really quickly and then do the CFAI EOCs just learning the basics enough to maybe scrape a +50% in the section. But it typically takes videos (or visual presentation) to learn statistics well