CFA Mocks...any comments? (with my take)

Hey guys, been lurking for a while but figured I’d try and get some fresh wisdom out of you guys. I’ve done 4 Schweser Mock exams, and they all went fairly well (58% on the first, then slowly up to 80% on the last). I figured I was doing pretty well, but I’ve now done both CFAI mocks and I got demolished. Like 59% average over the 4 half mocks.

Every question I miss seems to be just poor formulation or a trap, a misleading piece of text that makes me look in the wrong place. I feel like the CFAI Mocks are very unfair in this regard…Anybody else have this impression, or am I just not as ready as I thought I was?

Anybody do the CFAI mocks and feel this way? Is this what you guys are expecting on exam day?

Thanks guys, and good luck on saturday! (And yes, I was a mechanic before getting into finance =P )

Mock B was a little greasy but A wasn’t too off base

I agree with the above…Mock B was very difficult and even some of their answer explanations were very unclear. Not sure how some people scored in the 80s on that one…

I actually did better on the B mock than the A mock, maybe from just getting used to the type of questions and traps, but in both cases, I see a major difference in how they test knowledge compared to Schweser. One tries to make you understand, the other seems to just want you to fail…

CFAI Mock A was reasonably challenging, I scored close to my average for other mocks I’ve done (IFT, Konvexity, Schweser practice exams), around 83%. However, my score dropped in Mock B especially in the AM section, and the ones I got wrong were all concentrated in a few item sets.

Schweser practice exams are very easy compare to CFAI Mocks, but Schweser mock, which I finished today, was a little more difficult than CFAI Mock A in my opinion. Schweser mock really challenges how well you understand specific topics.

Any thoughts on which Mock I should do? My options are CFA mock B, Konvexity Mock 3, and WIley Mock B? Thanks!

I prefer to make sure I do all official mocks until the big day.

Official Mock A and B, with all respect to all other providers i am sticking to the Official material till the exam day (TT, EOC, Mocks)