Did you pass?

Oh man… Rough one… My take:

• Morning session was easy… straightforward… very easy and similar to mocks… A few curveballs but not many. I think I scored around 88-93%.

• Afternoon session was very tough. Not very much “core” material and a lot of random obscure stuff. Lots of traps… lots of decoy answers… Too much qualitative and not enough qualitative on this half. I had a hand full of 50/50 questions… .I think I scored from 65-77%

After finishing the test, I ended up changing only a few answers for morning, but I’m concerned I changed too many answers in the afternoon session. Already know some of the ethics I changed were bad changes :frowning:

Overall, I do think I passed!.. but the test was definitely not what I expected.

I also think I passed. Morning was easier than the PM, but I still felt like I held my own overall. I started to get a bit panicked at the beginning of PM after being slapped in the face with ethics and realizing that the overall weightage of the exam wasn’t what I was expecting, but I settled in and finished early enough to go through it again and check for stupid mistakes.

Overall the exam was a bit harder than what I was expecting based on the mocks I did from schweser and cfai. Mostly this came from them being creative with weighting and laying out a few traps along the way. I expected the traps, but the under/overemphasis of certain topics was definitely a bit of a surprise. Luckily I heeded the wise advice of AF and studied the crap out of EVERYTHING which mitigated the damage to some extent.

I think the lack of certain material that was CORE and widespread in the reading was just lame… big waste of time studying that stuff lol.

Yeah I feel the same way. I think they wrote the exam intent on exposing those that were banking on being able to pick up “easy” points by focusing on what they thought was definitely going to be tested while under-preparing more obscure parts of the curriculum. I had a feeling they were going to make it a hard one because the pass rate ticked up to 47% last year after being stagnant at 46% for a few years. Keep in mind it’s been as low as the low to mid 30’s in the past 15 years and when it was 32% in 2004 it was 47 the year before. Not saying that’s what’s happening here, but my point is that it just fell off a cliff out of nowhere instead of trending that way. Of course that’s just speculation that the exam was harder rather than a less prepared pool of candidates, but based off what I saw Saturday it definitely felt like they were looking to shake out the weak hands…

Not to mention that they probably moved the test back 3 weeks to help out the L1 passers from December, maybe that courtesy was a double-edged sword?

And let’s not call it a waste of time studying the stuff that wasn’t tested. Was it disappointing not being able to show off those mad skills we honed via months of grunt work and solitude? Sure it was! But thinking back to all those hours as a waste is something I can’t live with!!!

I think I should pass as well. Ethics in PM session was a nightmare. Alts, FI, FRA,CF were awesome. Equity was unnecessarily contorted.

Just hope ethics doesn’t screw me up man.

Also considering the difficulty, am expecting them to lower the MPS this time.

I feel confident but things got a “little” weird in the afternoon. Especially in equity.

i only missed one or two questions max between PM and quant. Didn’t miss any in PM. Couple unsure of in quant. Ethics was OK but not easy. CF fine not great. Econ was good. FI over 70, AI eh again mixed there. FRA over 70. Equity was mixed.

think I passed tho. My lowest score I’ve estimated is 63.333. I don’t think my raw score is lower than that after the analysis I did, problem is MPS might be 64-67. In which I get the dreaded band 10.

It seemed pretty difficult though. Much harder than CFAI mocks.

I’m hoping I don’t have to do this again. Probably got 45-50+ in the AM, and 35-45 in the PM. AM was really easy. At one point I was all smiles, almost couldn’t believe my eyes how easy some of the questions were (very similar to practice questions/mocks). PM was hard (harder than any of the mocks I’ve done), but overall the two mocks were a good balance. I changed three answers after fully marking the circles, so hoping the reader ignores the erased ones. Good luck all. Hope to finally move on because I’m 100% not repeating level 2 again.

I’m pretty confident that I passed. It was a bad experience for me, however. The person next to me went to the bathroom every 10 mins, and he kept throwing eraser dust or whatever it’s called to my table. sigh.

I’d like to think that whoever underestimated the lighter subjects is a goner for this one.

Feel like I passed… But pretty terrified by the idea of telling everyone I know for two months that I “probably passed” only to find out I failed. So keep just saying it went ok when asked for now

Both guys to my left and right had their heads down on their desks for several minutes at a time during the PM session. Lots of sighing and mumbling. I def had a few questions that I was shaking my head on though.

Well, we came back to AF just one day after the exam. That says a lot, right? Lol

I thought the afternoon was easier than the morning.

I’m not sure if I passed. There are 3-4 questions that should’ve been layups, but I know I messed up after going back over my notes.

Morning quant was split between easy ones and then some questions out of left field.

Even though we all were surprised with the weightings and lack of one particular core topic they didn’t test, I thought it was a fair test. A good balance of cherry pickers and not many that required heavy calculations.

This is so me

Here’s my question though, I do not really know much about how they grade it. Is this going to be one of the low 60s MPS exams? Or do they just say okay this year sucked sorry guys, we went from 47 percent last year pass rate and this year since most were terrible it is 39 percent?

Either way this is going to be a long 60 days. Oh well, time to finally get outside and enjoy summer.

the douchebag sitting behind me kept rubbing his shoes against the floor making an annoying screeching sound. I couldn’t even say “bro u need to cut it out”.

Is anyone here a band 9 or 10 retaker from last year? After you took the exam last year, did you feel that you were goigg to pass or you had the feeling of getting a Band result?

Im not sure about my score in the PM, was really crushed. Lots of small details that i couldn’t remember.

First time taker here but I read a thread on reddit started by someone seeming to suggest this year was harder than the past few

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFA/comments/8thtf2/this_was_my_fourth_time_taking_level_2/