Did you pass?

Bezad_D wrote:

With every comment you make, you’re proving me wrong. 

Haha okay

Top Instructors, Best-in-Class Content, Partner Until You Pass Guarantee

Sure, I meant unsure about the outcome, not unsure that your decision is optimal given the information available. Some people are certain because they don’t measure the downside well, and don’t understand that it cannot be eliminated. that does not mean that you have to doubt your position/decisions. hope it makes sense ^^.

Like many people here I thought morning session was super easy. At some point I thought “wow, CFA exam is really shallow.” I say this because I really nailed the L1 in December of 2017 (borderline top 10%).

The PM section was much harder, partially because I did not spend so much time studying derivatives and portfolio management.

In the morning session, my guess is that between 40-50 were “a sure thing” while remainder depends on the circumstances i.e. did I manage to grasp what I am being tested on. I thought ethics in both sessions were super easy and that CFA L1 ethics was harder and more obscure. In the afternoon session I guessed on vast majority of derivatives and PM questions and some economics questions. I was able to say that I was sure about 30 questions while remainder will depend on the luck.

Thus, worst case scenario is 70 “sure thing” questions and 50 guesses. One third of these guesses on average turns into 16-17 questions. Thus, it appears I passed but I just do not want to be overly confident. It has happened to me before to make wrong assumptions and estimates.

Finally, similarly to someone here who made a statement about some questions, I was pissed at how some questions were easy. I thought official questions in curriculum were waaaay harder than those on the exam. I completed morning session in about 100 minutes and was able to reread everything all over. Last 15 minutes I was just chilling and relaxing.

Good luck to everyone. So far CFA was a wonderful journey and I am thankful for all the things I learned. It would be really nice to pass.

SwaptionMan wrote:

Sure, I meant unsure about the outcome, not unsure that your decision is optimal given the information available. Some people are certain because they don’t measure the downside well, and don’t understand that it cannot be eliminated. that does not mean that you have to doubt your position/decisions. hope it makes sense ^^.

VaR don’t lie bro….

#facetious. #Iagreewithyou

If you take any of that seriously ^^ then I can't help you.

Torsten55 wrote:

Finally, similarly to someone here who made a statement about some questions, I was pissed at how some questions were easy. I thought official questions in curriculum were waaaay harder than those on the exam. I completed morning session in about 100 minutes and was able to reread everything all over. Last 15 minutes I was just chilling and relaxing.

I do agree, although you have to think about how they write the test. There will be a few outliers in either direction (some very easy, some very challenging) but the bulk will generally fall in between. 

Good luck to you too!

After I took level 2 I was convinced I failed and I passed never know just enjoy summer 

Danjok1313 wrote:

After I took level 2 I was convinced I failed and I passed never know just enjoy summer 

Did u pass level 3 last week?

I pray to god 

HI there,

me too, I got slightly over the 90th percentile for Level 1 in December 2017. I feel I can pass, but not sure at all.

The afternoon session was tough.  

I feel the same way. I did well on the last 3 mocks but the PM session was something else… 50/50 shot for me. I thought lvl 1 was tougher in the PM as well but ended up passing comfortably which was surprising. I always tend to do better than I thought but we’ll see 

50/50 shot for all of us: PASS or FAIL )))

Some of our most frequently posters went MIA after the test.. wonder where keep_running and caroline are ???

Maybe enjoying the summer?

Torsten55 wrote:

I completed morning session in about 100 minutes and was able to reread everything all over. Last 15 minutes I was just chilling and relaxing.

How did you do with the essay questions in the back?

xieyixy1231 wrote:

HI there,

me too, I got slightly over the 90th percentile for Level 1 in December 2017. I feel I can pass, but not sure at all.

Where did you get the percentile from?

125mph wrote:

Some of our most frequently posters went MIA after the test.. wonder where keep_running and caroline are ???

Maybe enjoying the summer?

Caroline had a topic for every question in the EOCs. She deserves a break.

Tactics wrote:

xieyixy1231 wrote:

HI there,

CFAI rolled out a new results breakdown after the Dec. 2017 exam that shows graphically where the MPS was, the 90th percentile, and where you scored overall and by section. It is actually really nice and far more useful vs. the old format. Here’s a good article on the new results format: https://www.300hours.com/articles/how-to-interpret-your-cfa-results-char...

Tuchsford wrote:

Tactics wrote:

xieyixy1231 wrote:

HI there,

CFAI rolled out a new results breakdown after the Dec. 2017 exam that shows graphically where the MPS was, the 90th percentile, and where you scored overall and by section. It is actually really nice and far more useful vs. the old format. Here’s a good article on the new results format: https://www.300hours.com/articles/how-to-interpret-your-cfa-results-char...

Oh I didn’t know that. That’s pretty cool.

Tuchsford wrote:

That’s awesome. 

Yeah, but you need a microscope to understand how far you are from MPS on those new charts )))

Will be very interesting to see these charts on results day, thanks for sharing

I wonder if this will change anything in the ethics section regarding how to talk about the cfa program? as in, can someone in the top 10 percentile say it? sorry I know this is a side question, but we have two months worth of time to kill on this forum so why not lol

Of course you can. CFAI prohibits talking about exam details or broad topic areas. By saying you are for example in 90th percentile or better you are not disclosing anything exam-related. You do not even know how many questions you got right because in this sense MPS and percentile rank are two different things.

You can say factual information (e.g. I scored in the top 90 percentile in Alternative Investments, Fixed Income and Equity in all 3 exams, if in fact true), but you wouldn’t be allowed to suggest this would ensure superior investment performance. 

Makes sense. pretty sure I didn’t score high enough but to whoever makes the top 10% it’s quite an impressive achievement, and a fair reason for some (fact based) bragging rights in my opinion.

anyone else still having dreams about taking the exam? 

SwaptionMan wrote:

Makes sense. pretty sure I didn’t score high enough but to whoever makes the top 10% it’s quite an impressive achievement, and a fair reason for some (fact based) bragging rights in my opinion.

youl be surprised come results. I scored 70s average on the level 1 mocks and still got deep top 90%tile on the L1  exam. 

So, based on the new results format, you’ll be able to only claim >70% or top 10% only if your actual score is above the band line? Is there any guidance from CFAI on this?

I’m definitely in the minority. I thought the morning was tougher than the afternoon and that as a retaker who was a band 8 last year this year was easier.

I probably put in 200-250 hours of study, which was more than last year but this year focused more on qualitative than quantitative because I think that’s  what tripped me up last year. Level 1 was the same way, more qualitative than quantitative. 

I’ll let you know. 

Hello

Approximately, how much is the minimum passing score for the level 2?