CFA Scantron

Hi. Just wrote CFA Level II two days ago and can’t stop thinking about the fact I left some pencil marks on my scantron. Next to questions I wasn’t sure, I put small dashes in the margin but didn’t have time to erase them before the exam was over. The dashes were not as dark as my darkened answer bubbles. Because the paper obviously says “Do not make any other marks than filling in bubbles” on the answer sheet, I can’t stop thinking that they’re going to void my entire answer sheet for the AM because of this … anyone have any experience?

I think they use a machine and then audit the result. That would be the most prudent method. I’d you get band 10, I’d pay the 100 bucks and get them to mark it. If you pas don’t worry. If you’re band 9 or be below, probably not worth it. Also, maybe email the institute cause who knows…

If small marks on the side you will be fine.

For CA they audit 20%…cfa should do the same

I would love to know how reliable the scanning equipment is when it comes to picking up changed answers. There’s one question in particular that I changed and always feel nervous about the erase job.

I guess my question is if they really can/do void exams or fail people for things as small as ticks to indicate questions I want to return to? I know the paper says “Do not make any other marks”, so is that enforced so strictly? Or most scantron machines can still read the papers…? I’ve done other exams of this caliber where the ticks had no bearing on the machines ability to read the paper

I feel the same way. If it makes you feel any better, I vividly recall changing several answers on level 1 and still passed. I would think the equipment picks up the bubble that is shaded the darkest. Hoping we are both okay!

i really don’t know, but I doubt those would count against you!

There should be some sort of fail safe, as you could in theory, bubble all 3 choices and the equipment should pick it up as incorrect. I only remember scantron from my elementary school days and they were terrible back then. However, they explicitly state your results are based on what the equipment can read and not to make the marks. I never risked marking on the exam. i would just write the number on the exam paper. I wouldn’t think it matters, but that is my opinion. Maybe youtube some vids on scantron equipment and see if that makes you feel easy.

I made 3-4 eraser marks per session in L1 and that didnt seem to impact my score.

Again made 3-6 eraser marks per session for L2 too, hopefully it will be all good :slight_smile:

But if you have stray marks, well that is no bueno.

There is a very strong correlation between your post content and your analyst forum username LOL.

haha absolutely correct!