Econ

Did anyone else think there was a certain econ question that didn’t have any correct answers listed? I spent 5 mins staring at this one particular question, but could not get to a correct answer despite knowing the formula like the back of my hand and having all of the relevant inputs.

Note - in response, DO NOT discuss anything specific to this question. Please just reply whether you felt the same or if I missed something very obvious using generalities.

Yes there was 1 question that I think had a typo. I went back and forth to it but couldn’t get it right. I tried several different techniques.

Even though I thought there was a typo, I think CFAI wouldnt make that kind of simple mistake… so maybe I was doing something wrong or overlooked something.

Yes. All the answer choices were clustered around a small range.

I kept getting something way different. But econ was my weak point, so I guessed and moved on.

I remember this question i tried several ways till i figured the implied trick there was no typo but it required 2 formulas not just one

Realllllly hope you are referring to the formula that I specifically told myself was not going to learn. Completely guessed. Maybe they will just toss the question :wink:

Apparently you can report such questions to CFA Institute, but you have a limited window to do so:

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/candidate/Pages/exam_question_comments.aspx

Yes, I agree. The answer wasn’t listed and I was very confused as to what I was missing

Please complain to CFAI then :slight_smile:

yah, if its the same one i am thinking about…

Some things are lost in translation when English isn’t your first language.

I vaguely recall this too. Figured I was missing something but I just guessed and moved on. I also ran into an accounting question I remember more vividly that only had a couple calcs involved and I tried every which way to even land on one of the answers and couldn’t. Wasn’t sure what I was missing. I believe it was in the PM section.

It was! I 100 percent know which one now. Unfortunately, it isn’t one I blind guessed on. The formula I know very very well and did it three times, none of the choices were close.

You’re referring to my comment on accounting correct? Not Econ?

I had the same exact feeling on a question or two in this section. Definitely shook my confidence.

Econ, apologies. The FRA stuff was odd though. Doubt I scored over 70 in it.

Good call - filling out info now. Can’t remember the exact question number though lol…

Thanks Magician - you always have the answer!

I filled that form last December on a quant problem that I felt had 2 right answers… No response from them. Assume they read it and evulated.

They usually do not respond but I am sure they do review and consider it.

If it is that question i mean, I dont believe there was anything wrong with it, the only missing input would be an output from another equation so we actually needed 2-3 formulas to solve this question instead of the normal one we use, it worked for me in the exam with one of the answers but i wasted around 4 minutes on it

I have no clue which question(s) you are talking about … so I’m either particularly dumb or smart. Intelligence straddle has been detected :-/