Peer pressure to pass the exam

So I work in an office where basically all the managers have earned the CFA designation and most the “young guns” are studying for it on different levels. That being said, the results day is a huge day at the office…no work gets done and everyone is a little jittery.

But this set-up also causes the peer pressure to pass the exam to be pretty damn high. No one wants to be only umpa lumpa not to pass…especially when that Asshole-Andy across the office is fist pumping after having cleared level 2.

Does anyone else have the same situation and how do you deal with it?

You pass

hope you pass man that sucks in a way to have peer pressure…

I’m just happy I’m the only umpa lumpa taking the test for my company.

Similar situation here. I work with many CFA charterholders/candidates, and there are 2 guys in addition to myself who took Level 2 for the first time this Summer. While it would definitely suck to be the only one who doesn’t pass this time around, it’s been great having a support system of coworkers who can commiserate and actually understand what I’m going through. Family and friends try their best, but the only people who can truly appreciate what we’re doing are those who have done it themselves. It took one of our MDs 6 years to get his CFA - not for lack of intelligence, life just got in the way. He told me there is zero shame in failing, only in not trying again next year.

The real opponent is yourself. Stay the course - you’ll get there.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I don’t have this problem. I chose a company where we all want everyone to succeed. There’s 100 of us in the Denver office. And if someone fails, we’re there to take them to happy hour just as much as we’re there to take the others who passed to happy hour.

What work place is this? Less than 10% of the ppl in my office even know about the program.