Retabulation

Yes I know it won’t work. But I cannot help but thinking that something really went wrong in my grading process.

I was in the 90th percentile in level 1 exam. I studied for 800 hours for level 2. I did all the official mocks from 2008 to 2018 and my average in the last 5 or 6 exams were 80 %. I did all the EOC and all the questions on the CFAI platform. And I was very confident when I was walking out of the exam center that I passed the exam. I am still in shock.

I am very close to the MPS as it is shown in my result. My ethic score is near 55% and FRA is below 50, and most ridiculous one is Corporate Finance is around 50% which I cannot accept. I remember when I was doing CF, I was thinking “Gosh, are you really asking that, is that all really?”. Others are around 70 with economics in the 90th percentile. I cannot be sure about ethics because I don’t think you can ever be; but I really thought I did good in FRA and Corporate Finance

I have been reading stories about retabulations and I came across 2 or 3 vague stories that they overturned their results.

Any hopes out there or is it that I just cannot handle the result yet?

FRA was very tricky this year. Very easy to get trapped. For peace if mind, just get it done but I don’t think odds are in your favor.

Yeah, the weights and some of the questions are the reason why the pass rate dropped. I was shocked by what they asked in some areas and not in others.

Looks like you’re not far off, but don’t get your hopes up with the retab.

I would probably do it too, had I failed. It’s futile, but for some people the money is immaterial and it’s worth a 0.00001 % chance it works I suppose…

Hope you haven’t done any position error while marking the boxes… I mean one of the guys I knew once marked all the answers in answer sheet one number ahead of the actual question number from somewhere between till the end… he came to know that at the 11th hr…

You should get it rechecked if you are so sure… Chances are low but there could possibly be some error that’s why they have this retabulation option!

Hi Implied Volatility,

i too had marginally failed. I think nothing hurts more than seeing the blue box above MPS, but the solid blue line a whisker below it. I also thought FRA was ‘easy’ however got below 50 for it. Probably fell for the traps.

i showed my results to my teammates(all charterholders) and they said they would retab if it happened to them. However it’s more for a piece of mind, rather than hoping to get the results overturned.

After many beers and a good nights sleep, I did a few things;

1. Send in my fax request for a retab (for closure)

2. Mentally gear up for L2 2019 which I know I will ace.

3. Take stock of life. I have a loving family and I provide reasonably well for them. Failing L2 in the grand scheme of things is really just a very small blip in life.

I was also very close to the MPS! I am also thinking of recount: Please advice, how many times did a retab result in a change of grade. below are my scores

• Alt & Derriv: 50-70%
  • CF approx 70%
  • Econ approx 70%
  • Equity 50-70%
  • Ethics: aprox 70%
  • FI : < 50%
  • FRA : 50-70%
  • PM: PM <50%
  • Quants 50%

@Crozo

I know what you’re talking about when you say “seeing the blue box above MPS”.

I faxed to the Institute this morning (I don’t know why they’re still using fax machines) but haven’t gotten confirmation e-mail nor any deduction from my credit card. How about yours?

I don’t put any hopes on this but as you say I need this for closure.

I know what you’re talking about when you say “seeing the blue box above MPS”.

I faxed to the Institute this morning (I don’t know why they’re still using fax machines) but haven’t gotten confirmation e-mail nor any deduction from my credit card. How about yours?

I don’t put any hopes on this but as you say I need this for closure.

I haven’t gotten anything from them as well but chill cos it’s only 9am in Charlottesville.

Just enjoy the rest of summer before the madness starts again.

@Crozo

I think I still need some time to digest what happened and re-start enjoying the summer.

Please let me know if you hear from them.

@implied volatility

My credit card just got debited by CFAI.

Let’s see how futile this will be

You guys have a link to the retab form? Couldn’t find it on the website

Type ‘ Retabulation’ in the search function on the website and it will show up

Gracias…still in the perils of using google for all lead gen

FYI, these were my topic scores. Flunking FRA > Supposed ethics bump !

ALT & Derivs 50-70

CF > 70

Econ 50-70

Equity > 70

Ethics > 70

Fixed Income 50-70

FRA < 50

PM 50-70

Quant 50-70

I hate to be the Barron. But I do not believe you passed. I am right on the line for passing, I believe I scored 65%. You beat me in econ (prob 2 questions) but I beat you in Alt&Deriv, CF, Equity, Ethics, and FI.

• Alt & Deriv: 70%
  • CF Above 70%
  • Econ 50%
  • Equity 70%
  • Ethics: above 70%
  • FI : 50-70%
  • FRA : 50-70%
  • PM: PM <50%
  • Quants 50%

I am talking to LAYOI

When you were doing the test did you realize the traps as you were doing them (I guess it’s hard to define what exactly a “trap” is but…)? If you didn’t think there were any then you might have fallen for them and given yourself a false sense of security. I thought there were quite a few in FRA and a couple in Corp Finance and Equity, and even one in quant.

i posted this on another thread, but I’m confused on why people keep talking about “traps”. I honestly felt like the exam was fair and straightforward and you either know the curriculum or you don’t. If you don’t, it might make you feel like there are traps because you aren’t well prepared?