Permitted usage of 'passed on first attempts' on resume

I have passed the Level 1 and Level 2 exams.

However, for both exams I registered twice but only attended the exam once due to unforeseen circumstances. So, my history of exam attendance and passes is as follows:

Level 1: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

Level 2: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

I would please like guidance as to whether I am permitted to state of my resume that I “passed on first attempts”. Although I did register more than once on each level, I only attended the exam once at each level so in that sense I did pass on my first attempts.

I am not asking for opinions on whether I should or should not include this on my resume, I have decided I want to. I am just not certain whether it is a violation or not.

Thank you

A true 3 for 3 is in 18 months or 24 months.

You can probably ask CFAI directly to be safe

Once you sign up, that’s an attempt IMO.

Hi mate. Does the “passed on first attempts” specification make any difference on the resume? I kind of want to do that too.

I don’t think it really matters for most employers. So far I have seen only 1 job advertisement where they stated explicitly that anyone who applies must have passed all 3 exams on the first attempt.

Usually they only say something like “must have passed lvl 1 exam” or “CFA candidates/Charterholders preferred” etc.

There’s exactly one job for which your having passed each exam on your first attempt matters: teaching review courses for the CFA exams.

If that’s not the job for which you’re going, don’t put it on your résumé. At best, the employer won’t care. At worst, the employer will think that you’re a jerk.

And, for whatever it’s worth, this comes from someone who passed each exam on his first attempt.

Which job will match if I put “Pass all three CFA exams first attempt, in 18 months, and scored in top 90%ile” on résumé?

Just curious, what type of position was this for? Seems ridiculous but I’m jonesing to know…

You don’t know that you were in the 90th for LI definitively though :wink:

The latter I see A LOT on job postings OR “meaningful progress towards CFA program completion”.