Anyone studied 1000 hours for CFA Level 2 ?

Hi All,

I see a lot of posts mentioning anything from 400-700 hours for CFA Level 2. I was wondering if anyone managed to spend 1000 hours reading for this thing.

Theoretically, it is possible for one to read 1000 hours, especially one tries to cross-reference other graduate level finance text books.

I spent about 150 hours of reading, and 550 hours of qBank and mocks

If you study for 1000 hours for LII, you either have no life or have become deathly afraid of failing.

i ballpark my hours at probably 500ish. Pretty much all of these went towards EOCs though, not actually reading. I redid the EOCs at a minimum 4times for each reading. The forwards pricing and valuation reading with all the swaps and shit (i think it was reading 40?), i did those blue boxes and EOCs 8 times over. Just really did not want to fail.

Probably if you are going for 3rd or 4 th time you could put 1000 hours in total.I find it impossible otherwise.

I spent about 60 hrs on reading summary note and 40 hrs to simplified them on a notebook. 20 hrs to memorize my simplified notes. Then I spent full three days (taking leave from work I say I spent about 20 hrs in those three days) to do practices on the CFAI website.

Total traceable study hours = 140 hours

This is not a rare occurrence at any level.

I put in about 650 hours. 8 Mocks. All of Schweser Q Bank. Read Schweser material and did IFT videos as primers. Took last week off and did 12 hour days up until the test. Good luck!

I wish itera was still around. I guess I’ll have to be the one to say it. If you have to study 1000 to pass a single test, the CFA may not be for you.

whatever happened to itera? Retired from AF?

lol

So true. Studying 1000 hours is such an overkill.

I would say anything more than 300 hours is too much.

Not sure from where did you get “have to”. It was just a hypothetical question to see if any tried to write CFA with focus on enhancing knowledge and not just passing.

Think of it this way, 1000hrs/52 weeks is just under 20 hours per week for 1 year…if you do 6 months, then it is 40 hours per week which would be working fulltime and studying fulltime.

If you want to study 1000 you are already behind. There are about 41 weeks or 292 days left…so that is 24 hours per week.

I believe I studied 900 hours. I absolutely know I studied more than 600. I studied every day from 6-10 on weekdays, and 8 hours each day Saturday and Sunday. I started beginning of December.

I changed my mentality from wanting to pass to undigging as much content as I could as well as seeing the tricks.

i passed level 2.

Where might be all this Mock history be at? On the CFAI website? Schweiser’s? Please do tell.

My theory is that Itera was a second account for bchad.

i might have studied 250, didn’t do any mocks. if i studied any more something woulda fell out

I think I might have studied over 1000 hours, but in 2 years combined.

Went from Band-10 fail (after studying for approx 400h) to Top-10% pass the next year.

But I’d say my 1000h of studying was due to piss-poor planning and low-efficiency studying. I definitely didn’t do enough of EOCs, BBs and Mocks the first time around and read the theory way too much.

So how would prepare if you had to do it all over again ? When would you start considering you want to pass with 95% chance of passing.