Prepsmarter vs AdaptPrep

Hello,

I passed CFA Level I in June 2018 after failing Dec. 2017. For LI I did not re-read the CFA Institute textbooks again but did all of the questions in AdaptPrep a few times and did the CFA Institute EOCs and CFAi online practice problems 3-5 times, plus did CFAi mocks mostly. Basically on the second time I memorized a tons of formulas and hammered out tons of problems multiple times. I also made about 800 flashcards and reviewed them multiple times.

I just bought Mark Meldrum’s videos for L2 to help understand on a deeper level but I don’t think its going to help me pass the test in terms of knowing actually how to problem solve quickly like I did for LI. His quiz problems are good but I feel like its not enough practice for me.

I have a terrible memory and do not learn as efficiently or quickly as most other people. So I have to have tons and tons of practice in a variety of formats to understand how to answer the questions right as if they were on the exam.

Are AdaptPrep’s LII or Prepsmarter’s LII materials good for getting good practice in terms of actually learning how to apply the problems for the exam or are they just a waste (esp. if they are not in the vignette format which most people hate for most 3rd party providers for L2) ?

I do the CFAi EOCs, Blue box problems, and online practice problems lots of times but at some point I just end up learning the “format” rather than the actual concepts/materials because I’ve seen the same CFA Institute problems so many times.

What does everyone suggest?

I can’t comment about AdaptPrep’s LII or Prepsmarter’s LII

The following are very good sources of Mock Exams:

1. CFA Institute Mock Exams

2. Schweser Mock Exams

3. Wiley Mock Exams

4. CFA Society of Boston Mock Exams

Thanks!!!