MM and/or IFT?

Hi all,

I just started L2 and decided to start with quant. I am using MM’s videos first and then reading the CFAI text. So far this approach has worked with the more qualitative readings (fin tech). But when I took this approach with correlation and regression, I have trouble following MM’s videos and the CFAI reading is dense and confusing as heck.

I looked at some of the free IFT vids online and they seem to explain concepts starting from the basics, and also tells you what to focus on, which equations you must learn and which ones are ‘nice to know’.

If you guys used MM/IFT what are your experiences/thoughts on this?

is there something wrong with my approach or is this something a lot of ppl experience and the solution is to power through the EOCs and watch MM’s review videos?

Should I have used IFT instead? Maybe i’ll get the IFT package as well (MM + IFT still better value than Schweser classes!

Thanks!

I’m using IFT videos and I am satisfied with the quality of his teaching for all subjects.

For Quants, I watched the MM video, tried some questions, then read the book and did all EOCQs. I’m familiar with the content now.

My strategy going forward is to watch the MM Video at 1.5x speed, then read the CFAI book and then tackle EOCQs. The MM video offers a nice overview of the topic and puts the concepts in your head so that the book makes more sense.