how to manage level 2 with job?

[original post removed]

real simple - STEP IT UP !!!

I’m only kidding - I find studying before work during the week most effective (early morning hours) and making time on the weekends early morning. Getting it out of the way first thing in the morning takes a lot of stress away.

Try studying with a family and a job. If I were you I’d look at your situation as a positive.

Good luck.

ok thanxx buddy

I try studying first thing in the morning and then after work/weekends if necessary (rarely weekends this early on). I built out a topic guide along with a calendar to have checkpoints where I want to be through by a certain date which helps provide some general dates so I have ample time for practice tests before the exam. Obviously the exact times are hard to measure given the different topic lengths and complexity of the material but it helps provide at least a range.

You will have to sacrifice. What that specifically looks like to you only you will know. For me, it was sacrificing my relationship. Which I wouldn’t do anything to undo. I’d give all the CFA progress up for my chick back. But like I said - sacrifice. Sacrifice working out. Sacrifice seeing friends, family. Level 2 is a mile wide and a mile deep. And only a can do attitude will put you over the finish line as long as you don’t waiver in your approach of simply just putting in the time and energy until you’re turning forward rates into spot rates without even thinking about it.

I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old and I’ve been studying for CLU and ChFC for the past 3 years. I complete the clu tomorrow and start the CFA next week. That said, I’ve been flexible with my study time. I try to get 2 hours a day. Mostly in the evening after the kids and wife go to bed. That’s 11pm-1am or early mornings 5-7. I’m fortunate being self employed because I can also study at work. I can give 2 hours in the mornings if needed. That only happens when I fall behind in my study schedule. The baby determines wich time block I use. I consider studying part of my job so, there’s that.

better question is how did you manage level 1? Times that by two, and thats your answer.

good luck. I’m in a similar situation with kids, family, work, etc. I told myself that if the CFA got in the way of family that’d I’d stop. My wife holds the trump card for this decision. Hasn’t been easy, but if you really want this and can manage your time it’s doable. Especially with your flexible work schedule.

Lots of people do it every year. You need to figure out what works for you. Some people study in the morning, some after work. Either way you will have to make sacrifices; whether it’s going out with friends every weekend, or 4 hours of family time every evening, or falling a few seasons behind on your favourite TV shows.

My wife is all in. I just need to make sure I include time for her and the fam. I used MM’s spreadsheed calender and the CFAI’s 19 week plan to work in some flex time. Plus, lunch is for wimps… :wink:

I wake up early rather than stay up late but make sure have enough sleep, I also want to training for a marathon too but if it takes too much time I have to give up. Scarify lots of thing, no hang out with friends, go straight to home when I finish my work then study. Sometimes I have to work late and too tired so I skip that night but try to make up the next day. I still do not know how thing will be but try my best now. I am really impressed by people have family, kids, jobs etc but still manage to clear level 2.

Good luck.

Wake up early, get 2 hours reading in before work and an hour Qs in the evening most evenings M-F. 15 hours per week so if you need to play catch up you’ve got the weekend mornings before the day gets wild.

I personally studied about the same amount of hours for my successful attempts on all 3 levels (about 350 for me). So, as some others said, just do the same thing you did on level 1. Obviously, that still means lots of sacrifice and putting everything you have into it…but you already passed level 1 so try to repeat the commitment you had to level 1.

A common misconception in my opinion is that L2 and L3 are SO much harder than L1. L1 is a very difficult exam even though the material is not that hard. L3 material is probably the easiest material of the three but is certainly the hardest exam imo. Point: if you passed L1, you can use that same commitment and pass L2 and L3.