Degrees of freedom

Degrees of freedom, according to my understanding should be n-1. But as I am observing in most of the questions (Schweser question bank), they have taken them as n-2. Any comment or clarification, would help me.

The best just got better. Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

The number of degrees of freedom depends on how many parameters you’ve estimated.

In a multiple regression, for example, in which you have n data points and k independent variables and you’re estimating k slope coefficients and one intercept, dof = nk − 1.

What are types of problems in which you’re seeing dof = n − 2?

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

These are the kinds of things I can’t believe the prep providers and the CFAI fail to explain or even give the first sentence that s2000 provided. From the whacky misconception that multicollinearity inflates R2 or the F-statistic to the “mysteriously new” t-statistic for Pearson’s correlation coefficient… they look like a deer on ice.