status

how advanced in the readings are you guys? completed equity and now doing fixed income…am i behind? wbu

Hey

I have completed Fixed Income, Economics, Portfolio Management and Alternative Investment.

Just now finished 2nd reading of Equity “Return Concept”. Intend to complete FRA and Equity by mid of February 2019.

I am in same boat, much concerned about my progress as my capacity to retain is very low.

Don’t worry you are finished with 30% of total testable content. I hope you are also doing practice questions and examples.

Bloody hell geranimo75 that is a lot of content already covered…good on you mate, you are smashing it !

As for me, I have finished Quantitative Methods and Economics and Iam half way through 2nd book: Financial Reporting and Analysis and Corporate Finance (just started capital budgeting chapter). I’am going a bit slower than I had planned for but is mainly cause Im doing heaps of practice questions and tests time and time again to solidify the content in my brain. I see you have a different starting point so its hard to compare in terms of progress, I just wanted to get the 2 longest books out of the way first because they are the most content dense material of the syllabus (mainly because Im following Kaplan recommended guideline so…) But you should do whatever works for you best, there is no one magic formula better than others.

I’am not very experienced since this is my first attempt to level 2 so take my advice with a pinch of salt but I would say you are doing good.

I am through the first 10 readings in CFAI text. I don’t want to even say how long it has taken me to complete this much reading and understand material thoroughly. That said I’m almost complete the first three topics.

I feel like if I can just keep going at some point I will make it through enough of the material and that will energize me to start really moving. Like once I can kind of see the top of the mountain or light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, I’m only through Ethics, and starting on Equity next as part of my studying strategy. Way behind you guys. Haha. Can’t say how nervous I am now… Hope you guys take comfort in the fact that there are guys like me behind you.

I am through the first 11 readings now in CFAI text.

I started in January to wrap up final review by May. It is not about how much you have under your belt. Are you in for the long haul? Point: Oakwood, don’t get stressed out!

LOL - trying not too!

And yes I am for the long haul - let’s do this!

Reading 12 complete.

Reading 13 complete.