Derivatives from CFAI Books

I’m about 60 pages in and feel like CFAI really complicates what we need to know. Anyone recommend ditching the CFAI readings, going with Schweser, and doing the EOCs from the CFAI books? 

Make the most of your CFA® Progam prep in one weekend! Join renowned instructors, Peter Olinto, Darren Degraaf & David Hetherington in May for a live, two-day intensive final review class.

CFALOBO wrote:

CFAI really complicates what we need to know.

This doesn’t make any sense. 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

It makes perfect sense. Even Mark Meldrum says the CFAI text complicates the formulas.

Do you plan to switch CFALOBO?

Why would a third party provider state anything else?

Be true

CFALOBO wrote:

I’m about 60 pages in and feel like CFAI really complicates what we need to know. Anyone recommend ditching the CFAI readings, going with Schweser, and doing the EOCs from the CFAI books? 

It is best to review Derivatives Topics either from Kaplan Schweser / Wiley or from Mark Meldrum Videos.

The CFAI Curriculum for Deriviatives is not written in a manner which can help candidates to grasp and understand the concepts and which can prepare the candidates well for the exam.

CFALOBO wrote:

Anyone recommend ditching the CFAI readings, going with Schweser, and doing the EOCs from the CFAI books? 

That is my playbook.

I do all my reading from Schweser… then I do qbank and eoc… Then I might read a few sections straight from CFAI text if I need to take a really deep dive!