Sign up  |  Log in

Don't know what to do ?!☹️

Hello friend,

I have going to appear for CFA L2 in June 19

I am done with FI, Equity, economics, FI, corporate finance and currently doing Alternative invst.

Even revised fixed income and equit twice

But while doing practice with EOC ques. I am not able to answer right bcz they have asked questions to deep minute level 

 Is difficulty of 

EOC > MOCKS > ACTUAL EXAM ?

I found EOC quite difficult !

Make the most of your CFA exam prep in one weekend! Join renowned instructors, Peter Olinto, Darren Degraaf & David Hetherington in May for a live, two-day CFA intensive final review class.

In terms of difficulty:

EOC is the easiest

Mock exams and Actual exams are similar difficulty, which is harder than EOC but easier than CFAI qBank.

CFAI qBanks are extremely difficult.

I found quant, economics and derivatives of official Q bank CFAI to be rather easy, with Financial Accounting being just amazingly hard.

gishena wrote:

I found quant, economics and derivatives of official Q bank CFAI to be rather easy, with Financial Accounting being just amazingly hard.

lol thank goodness - im scoring 45% for FRA

125mph wrote:

In terms of difficulty:

EOC is the easiest

Mock exams and Actual exams are similar difficulty, which is harder than EOC but easier than CFAI qBank.

CFAI qBanks are extremely difficult.

Man, things have changed since my day. EOC was by far the hardest (for L2 and L3), then mocks, then the test was the easiest. And the Q Bank wasn’t helpful in the least after L1.

I think was really matters about getting the EOC questions correct is it means you understand the LoS (do they still have those?). If you have a good understanding of the LoS, you should do fine. Unless you’re not a good test taker, but that’s another story.

AJOU wrote:

gishena wrote:

I found quant, economics and derivatives of official Q bank CFAI to be rather easy, with Financial Accounting being just amazingly hard.

lol thank goodness - im scoring 45% for FRA

My first two Level 2 mocks I scored in the 30% range for FRA.  But I kept at it and got over 70% on the actual test.  Which….isn’t as great as it sounds.  Basically I ended up learning what they wanted from continually failing at it.  I even remember thinking on a question during the test that “oh I know the answer to this because I missed a question similar to this like 5 times.”  Doesn’t feel that good….

But it does serve to drive home the point that this is why you practice.  The EOC questions are meant for you to practice what you’re reading.  That should make the exam and mock questions much easier for you.

wlfgngpck wrote:

AJOU wrote:

gishena wrote:

I found quant, economics and derivatives of official Q bank CFAI to be rather easy, with Financial Accounting being just amazingly hard.

lol thank goodness - im scoring 45% for FRA

My first two Level 2 mocks I scored in the 30% range for FRA.  But I kept at it and got over 70% on the actual test.  Which….isn’t as great as it sounds.  Basically I ended up learning what they wanted from continually failing at it.  I even remember thinking on a question during the test that “oh I know the answer to this because I missed a question similar to this like 5 times.”  Doesn’t feel that good….

But it does serve to drive home the point that this is why you practice.  The EOC questions are meant for you to practice what you’re reading.  That should make the exam and mock questions much easier for you.

Thank you for this input - If i may ask - as I can see my retention is very low and time is not on my side - after covering the content once with Kaplan books and Meldrum vids I am going to focus on CFAI platform q’s and past papers and just drill that over and over. Your thoughts? 

Wha does EOC stand for?

End of chapter questions - i.e. the question sets at the end of each chapter in your textbook.

AJOU wrote:

wlfgngpck wrote:

AJOU wrote:

gishena wrote:

I found quant, economics and derivatives of official Q bank CFAI to be rather easy, with Financial Accounting being just amazingly hard.

lol thank goodness - im scoring 45% for FRA

My first two Level 2 mocks I scored in the 30% range for FRA.  But I kept at it and got over 70% on the actual test.  Which….isn’t as great as it sounds.  Basically I ended up learning what they wanted from continually failing at it.  I even remember thinking on a question during the test that “oh I know the answer to this because I missed a question similar to this like 5 times.”  Doesn’t feel that good….

But it does serve to drive home the point that this is why you practice.  The EOC questions are meant for you to practice what you’re reading.  That should make the exam and mock questions much easier for you.

Thank you for this input - If i may ask - as I can see my retention is very low and time is not on my side - after covering the content once with Kaplan books and Meldrum vids I am going to focus on CFAI platform q’s and past papers and just drill that over and over. Your thoughts? 

Apologies I never saw your response until now.  I actually only used Kaplan, as I work full time and am a father so I had no time for multiple sources.  That said, if you think multiple sources of study will help you then by all means go for it.

As to your second question, doing item set problems as soon as possible will be very helpful.  Reading the material is one thing, but understanding the context (and more importantly, the way CFAI likes to test it) will be crucial to your learning.  I’d actually suggest finishing one study course cover to cover (be it Kaplan or Meldrum) and then as you complete topics, begin doing the CFAI online questions.  They are from past mock exams so they will be a good stepping stone to taking actual mocks once you finish the material.  Then, let your performance on those questions inform your review (be it in the same source or the other one).  I think that’s the wiser way to review, as opposed to blindly reading through the material twice.

Thanks for sharing this - I find now that reading is not doing anything for me; but practice questions are helping. I’m not doing too well in the CFA online Q bank….but to your point, I’d rather “fail” there and pass the exam. I tried to approach it like a perfectionist ( read everything and then try to get every Q right) - definitely did not work. There’s way too much to retain and most of us have limited time due to work etc. So I faced the reality and am switching to just answering questions and learning from the mistakes. Like you said - doesn’t feel great….but it just might work!