Is it normal I am so slow at studying the curriculum?

Last year I read almost everything except QM and PM. I forgot everything and need to read everything again. So far I’ve only covered QM and FRA (the only topic I didn’t have made my own notes).

Regarding QM, I did kind of sophisticated notes typed on my computer. I know it sounds crazy but if I just read quickly without bothering too much, nothing will be left. It’s like I cannot not streamline the study session into a very compact notes of mine with tables to sumerize everything.

Reading FRA took me 3 weeks but I need to say I was doing it full-time and during a week I didn’t touch my books. Im spending max 2/3hours per day as if my brain had a limited tolerance for this. It’s taking an hour to just read one page when it’s not straight forward.

I’m not working at the moment and decided to throw myself into the CFA cause I spent too many hours looking for a job without any return on my hard work. I feel like at least i migth get something out of spending hours on CFA. I try to do both (studying/applying) but I end up doing a whole day of only one of the two.

When I do exercice / mocks for the first time it’s not 5/10 min per exercice that it takes me…

im also tired of hearing people saying they cracked CFA easily between two fitness sessions. I’m quite frank and quick at understanding things but CFA is getting me depressed because I’m realising i will never be done by June…

Guys do you have any advice. Is it just the way my brain is or is there hope I can be finished by 18th of June?

Dude, read in the morning and do EOCs in the afternoon go to the gym(or go for a walk) so you can relax and clear your mind, eat healthy, and try to focus, don’t waste time thinking in what other people have done, the CFA is a very personal commitment

good luck

Bravo

I can see so many positives and advantageous situation you are in. First of all, you need to relax. I concur with Julio 77, you need to dedicate yourself to studies in the remaining period but try to balance it with some activity which re-energize you. Don’t think too much about others, try to formulate a strategy and do the best to follow a plan accordingly.

Chill, still lot of time, just practice practice practice …you will ace this.

Sound like you are as normal as most of us. It’s just a matter of time and putting that hard work that is required to get over the line. Just do it.

Try video lectures. They get you through readings pretty quickly.

I am not a very fast reader myself, so what i do is watch the video lectures (adn sometimes refer to the curriculum for difficult concepts), then i go through the EOC and qbank questions.

I would use the curriculum in a perfect world without time constraints. I use third party material which is the abridged version if the main deal. I go through the readings and then move on to solve the EOC for that particular reading. Do not worry as someone earlier mentioned we are all on the same boat.