Review Strategy

Hey guys!

I started reviewing the material with the MM review videos, but I started going back to the CFAI textbook since I wasn’t recalling too much the material, thus slowing down the process.

I want to maximize these last 7 weeks before the exam, but I don’t know if I should continue with this, then do TT and then Mocks, or just go straight with TT and then Mocks. I think that going straight with TT will help me do questions and review the material at the same time, but just reviewing the material will not help me too much, since I won’t put it in practice for, e.g., 2 weeks after.

What have you guys done in the past? What do you think is the best approach for these last weeks?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best.

I’m also preparing with MM. I watched MM videos and did TT right after that. Reviewing did not take much time, probably 2-3 days for each topic and 1 day for TT. Right now, I’m done with all TTs and going to start Mocks.

I will solve 10 mocks & TT. I think that will be enough. If there is time will solve EOC also. Actually there is no time for review. So, practice, practice & practice.

How many hours did it take you to review? You said 2-3 days but how many hours each day? Also, how many hours of TT?

I don’t know. I tried to hit TT today and I forgot most of the formulas for Equity (PVGO, RI, etc), so I think a review is necessary.

snfuenza well it took the length of review videos and plus 30-40 min for EoCs. Around 2-3 hours a day.

For instance, I spent 2 hours for regression, the following day 3 hours for multiple regression, and yesterday 2 hours on Time series, and right aftet that did all 42 questions of Quant TT, got 77%. But I also watched IFT’s review videos on Quant (u can find them in youtube), which helped me understand Quant a bit.

I thought that Quant will be a headache for me, but once you get the idea of tests and significances, TTs is a 20% of CFA curriculum.

That’s the thing… doing exercises right after you review the material will give you a good score, obviously, but try having 77% two weeks after. I doubt you will get the same score.

Agree, but not doing exercises will not help to retain information and understand the material either.

Idk what are you trying to do. Watch reviews and then only after several days do TTs? Contradiction.

If you want to finish all reviews first and then do TTs, I’m sure you will refer back to notes and videos again for several times, which is simply the waste of time. When I was reviewing materials I made flashcards with most important formulas and definitions, and made several during TTs. Anyway you can reset TT scores and did them again later.

IMHO, may be you’ve got another strategy, I just described mine.

Thanks man.

I’m going to quickly review every topic, take notes of the important things with formulas (using flashcards) and then hit TT of that topic. Rinse and repeat for every topic. Then I’ll hit mocks.

What’s TT? the qbank question?

T opic T ests

got it, the one in the book end of chapter right? Thanks a lot!

No buddy, The end of chapter are The EOC The TT (topic test) are The online CFA Q,s (CFA QBank)