KaplanSchweser - Live CFA L2 mock exam, any thoughts?

Did anyone of you take the exam, what was your thoughts?

For some reason, these exams seem to be very difficult(maybe to sell more products?) Last year i scored 60%(which was somewhat above average), while scoring 70-80% on CFAI exams. Managed to be in the 90% -percentile on the actaull exam.

This year, im down to an average score of 50 % on the live mock. :-/

WIll do it in a few hours, and I’ll report back with what I think. Wish me luck!

Edit#1: Just finished the first one, ended in mid-60s. It was definitely harder than “usual”, whatever that means lol.

Edit#2: Low 60s, the second one wrecked me, guessed about half of it, was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it wasn’t in the 50s haha

Just finished the exam, got a 60% for both AM and PM. I thought the questions were horribly structured and worded (typical Kaplan) and FRA was over weighted. I kind of just gave up on the PM portion and marked all C for 2 of the vignettes. I don’t think it helped that the testing site I was at didn’t have the AC on and the desks were tiny.

Just came back from the exam. Scored 65% on AM, and 60% on PM. Morning was easy for me, FRA part was not that difficult. The only good thing is I made it through (i.e. sat for both, unlike last December). Finished 1 hour prior to the end of exam in both sessions, and think if spent that time on review, would add some additional points.

Can’t agree with you more on this. The over-weighting of FRA is still beyond me, and it doesn’t help that Equity was too heavily geared towards calculation. I was so exhausted halfway through the second exam that I am sure I will review the material tomorrow and notice a few unworthy mistakes lol.

Took the live mock today, 72% AM , 65% PM

Some of the questions were very ambiguous at-least i thought that way , also i felt the PM was harder than AM or maybe i zoned out closer to the end of the exam

Either way i do not think 68.5% ( mean score) would be considered passing score :frowning: which is a biig bummer

I felt the same way too. I was pretty confident on the AM, but the PM got me hard. That said, I won’t think of it as being representative of the real exam in terms of difficulty. The average according to Kaplan was in the low 50s for both exams. Whether we can trust that average is a whole different scenario altogether, but knowing that it is less than two weeks before the exam, I’d rather believe that 60s are above average than thinking about how I might fail the exam lol.

yeah the average according to Kaplan needs to be taken with a pinch of salt although it may rise as more candidates start putting their scores in ( some take this as the online exam as the live and online exam are essentially the same)

I do think the wording on some of these questions were very ambiguous

I think i will focus more on the CFAI mocks ,the remainder of the time

I took the exam and I thought AM exam was easier than PM. What really surprised me, was the fact that I did much better on PM rather than AM (as opposed of what I felt that day).

Ethics questions felt like deja vus. Corporate Finance was hard IMO. I saw quite a few questions that were like simple you remember or you dont.

FRA was overweighted (max this year is 15% and they gave it a 20%). I was also expecting to see shorter vignettes according with 2019 new structure, but that didnt happen.

Regardless of the performance, I believe it was a good experience.