Ethics record retention

If regulations in the subject country say records need only be retained for 5 years, are records still subject to a 7 year retention period of does the 5 year requirement apply in this case?

The best just got better. Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

Always go with the MORE STRICT regulation

7 years.

Conversely, if the country regulations said 10 years and the CFAI says 7 years, you would keep them for 10 years.

Always go with the stricter regulation

5 years. Need to retain for 7 years only if there is no requirement under local law. 

Guys; after reading this thread i am compelled to inform you that while standard VC recommend files to be retained for min of 7 years, but in the case in discussion, analyst is not in violation by keeping the record for 5 yrs because he meets local requirement. Yes as per the above comment, in the absence of any local requirement, min 7 yrs would be used. 

Why i am so sure becasue similer question i saw in topic test of level 3 when i was doing lvl 3 last year. Once again 7 year is a recommendation in the absence of local requirement!!!

So what’s the final verdict on this everyone? 

5 years per local law or 7 per stricter rule? Thanks

For the purpose of your example:  5 years.  

Vincit qui se vincit. Publilius Syrus

Ⓒ nomis  www.nomisVentures.com