2019 CFAI Mock Exams: 62 Percentile Rank?

How is it possible that I’m in the 62 Percentile Rank on CFAI mock exams, however have only scored an average of 63%? Need I be worried?

Yes, you are screwed, it’s the end of the world… as we now it!

It’s just that I wonder about how reliable the Percentile Rank is and how exactly it is calculated (e.g., how are scores factored in from folks who take mocks multiple times?) …

From my experience in level 1, I don’t really think it’s all that representative. If you think about it, that’s for all the people who have taken the practice questions online. If you factor in the amount of people who just don’t show up to the exam (which from L1 was like a third), I feel like you should probbaly shoot for the top 50% at a minimum. I imagine maybe like a fifth of the exam takers won’t show up this time around? Who knows, those who make it to L2 are a persistant bunch.

the published pass rate does or doesn’t include ppl who dont show?

No I don’t think so. They never even turn in an exam.

My understanding is that no-shows are not part of the pass rates. Pass rates only reflect folks who sit both AM and PM sessions.

I think it mixes mock scores and practice questions…i just saw it post exam and my percentile rank was closer to 70 with a slightly higher mock score than yours…

so i think it is safe to ignore the percentile shown on the CFAI website.

I can’t understand what is the issue here. This just shows that 62 % of people who took the mock exams have score lower than yours. Anyway this doesn’t mean anything. Some people fail mock exams but do better on the real one.Others might take mocks too early just to see their weak areas and have bad results too. Last year I was close to 70 percentile and failed the exam nevertheless.

No issue here. I was just wondering what people here thought about this one indicator. That’s all.

As always, today I found a new resource on writing an essay, high professionals in their field, all quickly and efficiently made https://www.masterpapers.com/thesis_help