One-year plan to pass this exam

Toto_11 wrote:

If the question was for me, here’s the schedule:

4:30 wake up

5:30 - 8:30 studying at my workplace until other colleagues start to come

8:30 - 17:30 appx. working time (sometimes sneaked a bit and studied if there was time)

18:15 - 19:15 gym time

19:30 - 21:30 significant other time

21:30 - 4:30 sleep time

Started as of October 1st - Sunday was a rest day (means Saturday evenings were usually for some booze, friends or family )

October - April –> ((30days * 7months) - 30days of relaxation) * 3h/day of studying =  540 h of studying in total. (i would round it to 470 because i had a vacation of 10 days and some business travels of 20 days in total when i didn’t have any time to study)

May - 26 days * average of 5h of studying= 130 h (needed to catch up vacation and business travels)

June - took 9 days off * 10h of studying (no relaxation) = 90 h (day before the exam i didn’t touch anything)

Total approx. study time = 470+130+90= 690

As you can see my strategy was 3h/day until May. Then i would hit  higher gear until June, and final 10 days rocket sky high studying.

Read curriculum once, did EoCs twice (some even thrice), did all the topic tests thrice i think, done 7 mock exams in total. Used Schweser only for mock exams (curriculum books are still packed and smell like first day i got them)

And still level 1 Candidate…

The best just got better. Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

Hope you will receive you badge soon so you can proudly show off…

If you don’t have anything smart to say or help, please mind your business.

Toto_11 wrote:

Hope you will receive you badge soon so you can proudly show off…

If you don’t have anything smart to say or help, please mind your business.

Sorry, but it’s tough time to lead business. You know Trump, trade wars, etc….

CFA Level 2 exam is a beast which is going to be conquered by everyone differently. How long it take would depend on are you looking to just pass the exam or are you trying to understand the material and know it even once the exam is done. I have made a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEIwweiOHs ..hope it helps

For one on one or group classes for CFA Level 2 2020 prep. You can email me at: swatchlist@gmail.com

CFA Level 2 Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC0zi1wLq2Q&list=PLYQbmZotkhKHNQvOXT7HU7...

Seriously, CFAI books are too long and dry. Thats how people end up spending 500 hours on prep. Use them for questions and any concepts you need a deep dive. 

Done Schweser, notes were to the point and lectures were great.

laugh Very funny comment. “Please do not threaten us”