Test Provider for Level 2

I used KS only for Level 1. Did about 320 net hours of studying, also did over 5,000 practice questions. I have been hearing that KS is not sufficient for level 2. That I need to get MM videos as well, at least for FI & Deriv. … I learn better through practice questions and making flashcards (active learning) - not a big fan of videos. 

Let me know your thoughts and recommendations!

The best just got better. Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level III exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

KS + test bank + mock was enough for me

I failed miserable last year and may switch  to IFT world and hear konveity has great mocks and question banks.   I used MM last year and Bloomberg and will switch  to IFT world and do tonnes of questions.

eulkim wrote:

KS + test bank + mock was enough for me

What were the top 3 most challenging sections for you for lvl 2?

I used KS for level 1. Thought is was great. Used it again for level 2. I didn’t think it did as good a job preparing me as it did for level 1. I had heard this from others around the office that had used it previously. So when I got to the CFAI mock exams I felt there were areas I hadn’t been prepared for. Led to a lot of stress that last month before the exam. All that being said, I still ended up passing level 2 but it was just extra stressful. This go round for level 3 I plan to actually read the CFAI books (never opened them for level 1 or 2) and use their website. That’s just my experience, but I realize it differs for everyone based on their own previous experience and knowledge base they start off with.

Same for areas most challenging- those will be different for each of us. For me it was FRA, Der, and FI. But I actually ended up doing around 70 percentile on each of those in the end. 

I used IFT for both lvl 1 and 2. For lvl 2, I also used MM videos for derivatives and fixed income. These two were the topics I found most difficult, along with Quant. I did all the eocs but I ran out of time and was not able to do any mock exam. MM is good because he explains in great depth, this is something not always required but I felt, I needed this for the two topics. However, he has very poor notes. IFT notes were the best in any case and I found them most helpful. Let me know if you want to know anything else. 

I used only MM’s videos and made my own study notes for both lvl 1 and 2 (didn’t touch any CFAI textbook)

Then I use candidate portal for practice questions and mock exams. That’s all.

I know you aren’t into videos, but MM turns complicated things into much simpler one.

I used KS for both lvl 1 and 2. As others have mentioned lvl 1 was great, lvl 2 the material felt a bit more lackluster (mostly just felt more throw together ridiculous amount of grammar errors and annoyances while reading). I definitely went into lvl 2 exam feeling a bit more shaky than lvl 1.

As far as being sufficient you can certainly pass using only KS. I passed both lvl 1 and 2 first try, didnt touch EOC or blueboxes in the CFAI material, and have absolutely no experience in the finance world. I think as long as you study for understanding, which it sounds like you do given your hands on approach, KS is enough. That said having a little extra cushion so that you dont spend 6 months and have to retake the exam isnt the worst idea if you feel you’re on the border of passing.

The toughest were economics, derivatives and PM