Derivatives and FI

Hello there,

I have been spending great amount of time on fixed income and derivatives and I find I can’t grasp all the concepts properly. Is it normal that I am having such a hard time with these two topics ? I am watching Ift videos and practicing from the curriculum and schweizer, but still I feel far from these two topics . can you guys share how you have studied for these two topics?

thanks

Onda - I’m working on this section right now as well in conjunction with a class. One thing that I found helped was going to the end of chapter and reading through the answers, question by question, and jotting down notes related to the answers for each question after I did the lectures related to those areas. Sometimes I’ve had to go back and watch the video after doing this… I haven’t gotten to the derivatives portion yet, but one thing I can say about fixed income is that it’s very logical and patterned, but has building blocks of knowledge required to understand each step. It definitely requires more leg work to gain a foothold and understand (at least for me it does).