WHOS STARTED ALREADY?

I know I will start reading casually once I get my CFAI books. I plan on reading CFAI Curriculum from mid Sept -mid Nov (2 months) Take Mid Nov to early Jan off. Start on Schewzer Jan and read them till March (3 months) Review and Exam Practice April-May Ace the exam in JUNE. I am not F-ing around this time. Getting it done once and for all. What’s your plan for tackling this mofo?

Oct. 1 I’m spending 6 weeks reviewing L1 material, then spending 3 1/2 months reading CFAI L2 text in excruciating detail, then spending the final 3 months doing Qbank and reviewing.

EXACTLY what I had in mind! Glad to learn I am not the only one! -ron- kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oct. 1 I’m spending 6 weeks reviewing L1 material, > then spending 3 1/2 months reading CFAI L2 text in > excruciating detail, then spending the final 3 > months doing Qbank and reviewing.

I dabbled into ethics two nights ago…just to refresh a bit and get my brain working again…nothing serious…just a lil intro…ill start going at hit regularly Oct 1st and will go into seclusion after new years.

rony, my brother!

I am starting January 2nd. Schweser all the way.

I started reading financial statement analysis. I read about 30 pages and quit. I was going to start hitting the books on the weekends but . . . . college football is taking precedence.

I agree with Nib. Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi.

Don’t you guys think that you’ll be burned out doing that rigorous schedule? I plan on starting January-ish, and feel like that will give me plenty of time. I couldn’t imagine starting now for a test next June.

I wish the hookies the best. I forget who they are playing this week. I’m interested in seeing LSU, obviously as a Gator fan, but to see if they really stack up to their pre-season ranking (I know a lot of people think the gators blow). The game they have this week, Western Kentucky, I am not even going to attend. Its at 12:30 in the afternoon and I would rather not have a small ocean in my underpants. Who is everyone watching this weekend?

Miss S. @ LSU, Notre Dame @ GT, ECU@VT, FSU @ Clem. I hope VT can knock off LSU next Saturday. We did in 2002, but this is at Tiger Stadium. As a Gators fan, Florida could go 0-12 this season and you should still be satisfied with things as Florida has won the last 2 bball titles and the last football title…grrr! :slight_smile:

I’ll send you a case of beer, your choice, accompanied with a CFAI postcard if VT knocks off LSU. I’m going to watch Tenn @ Cal; Kansas St @ Auburn; Okla St @ Georgia If we went 0-12, Bernie Machen’s (our president) campaign against binge drinking will be the biggest failure in the history of UF. Well . . . not quite as bad as Ron Zook.

half way thru SS9… i am ahead of pace to my frds who are writing L1 in dec… they are still in SS8!

Going through the CFAI material from last week till end of Feb. This gives me roughly a week on each study session with a “slack week” after every 4 sessions. that gives me 3 months for review and practice tests, assuming i stick to schedule

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll send you a case of beer, your choice, > accompanied with a CFAI postcard if VT knocks off > LSU. > > I’m going to watch Tenn @ Cal; Kansas St @ Auburn; > Okla St @ Georgia > > If we went 0-12, Bernie Machen’s (our president) > campaign against binge drinking will be the > biggest failure in the history of UF. Well . . . > not quite as bad as Ron Zook. LOL. I love it, Niblita. Yes, I forgot about Tenn @ Cal.

Behavioral finance is interesting stuff. doesn’t seem hard when reading, but could be the source of some wicked questions. The managing individual and investor portfolio material is long, and dense. Plan to delve into that over the next two weeks. Looks really hard…a lot of material for one reading. For past L3 takers…is this good stuff to focus on 1st? J.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t you guys think that you’ll be burned out > doing that rigorous schedule? I plan on starting > January-ish, and feel like that will give me > plenty of time. I couldn’t imagine starting now > for a test next June. Well I am not planning on studying for many hours every day just a 1-1.5 hour per day; On the way to work and back perhaps. I know most of the material already; as I got over 70 in 5 out of 8 topics… so have to re fresh things and hit my weak areas hard after new years. For those Taking L2 for first time, don’t make the mistake I made and leave some areas out because you started late…It came back to hunt me by failing by a hair. Do a through reading of all material, make notes, read your notes, then go for questions and practice exam. I did not have any time to do many questions and only did 2 exams last few days of studying, so take it from a guy who’s been there and paid for it. Better start early than late…start early at a steady pace and slowly pick it up to a jug and sprint to the finish line. If you start sprinting now you will burn out :slight_smile:

Dude, if I started walking now I would burn out. Nine months of studying? If you can do that, more power to you - I know I can’t. [Edit: forgot to mention that I’m taking the FRM in Nov., so I couldn’t be studying now if I wanted to (I wouldn’t be anyway). However, there is a decent amount of overlap, so I feel like that “keeps me in the game” until I start studying in January.]

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oct. 1 I’m spending 6 weeks reviewing L1 material, > then spending 3 1/2 months reading CFAI L2 text in > excruciating detail, then spending the final 3 > months doing Qbank and reviewing. Reviewing level one material…is that necessary?

I think so (from what I’ve heard). I skated through L1 with 166 hours of study (yes, I kept track like a geek). I thought I did atrocious on the exam, but I somehow passed. I heard having a strong grasp of L1 material is imperative for L2. I’m also rusty on the material because I haven’t even begun to think about the material in almost 3 months.