Does this look close to passing?

I just got back from being overseas and im looking at my FAIL thinking i could have done better had it not been for portfolio management. did anyone else find that area to be difficult? I remember reading the questions thinking I had never even seen the terminology before. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Analysis 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 36 * - - - Quantitative Analysis 18 * - -

No.

PM probably made the difference

ummm no, Many people including myself had 5 out of 8 areas over 70 and still failed. Sorry dude but you were not even close.

Min possible score 55% Max possible score 83% 40/60/80 score 68%

sorry pdiddy, i think you should stick to rap. peace outsiiiide.

N VAN i had 5 areas north of 70 but still passed… did u get any areas south of 50?

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ummm no, > Many people including myself had 5 out of 8 areas > over 70 and still failed. > Sorry dude but you were not even close. Generic comments like these about “number of areas over 70%” are retarded. There’s a big…no, make that HUGE difference if those 5 areas are the two worth 18 points and three of the four worth 36 points, or if it includes equity analysis and FSA. I wish people would speak in terms of total points over 70% instead of parts, especially if they’re going to beat the 40/60/80 model to death like this.

can someone please explain this 40/60/80 rule to me? even though i just passed L1, im scared of L2

I beg to differ with people who said he/she wasn’t close. I have seen a few ranges of scores that were lower than yours but still garned a PASS. I suspect you were no more than 2 or 3 questions away from a pass, but that and $4.00 gets you a cup of Starbucks. As my score was similar to yours (albeit a little higher) and I didn’t pass, I share your pain. Last year, your score would have gotten you through to LIII no problem. However, this year the board of governors used their Angoff Method to set the MPS, decided LII was “Easy”, set the MPS much higher than last year and it resulted in the pass rate dropping 18% points for LII this year. The good news is, if you build on your knowledge for next year’s test, you stand a solid chance of passing. That may not make you feel better right now, but it should when you start taking practice exams next April. Good luck to you.