We should have known Treynor-Black was going to be on exam!

CFA Institute Awarded Jack Treynor the Award for Professional Excellence in May of '07. Note to self…check the CFAI press releases in May!

in hindsight hey…PM screwed so many people over. Schweser was a joke

did stalla cover it well? i ordered stalla 2 weeks ago and still have not received my books…

bmwhype, are you going to start with stalla 2007? I think all 2008 study guide will have good coverage of it.

Stalla did cover it, I glossed over it my initial readings, however. I think they asked quite a few questions on it which made me re-read it.

What is hard about treynor-black, it appears to be quite straight forward

There is nothing straight forward when it comes to CFAI and their exams…

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA Institute Awarded Jack Treynor the Award for > Professional Excellence in May of '07. > > Note to self…check the CFAI press releases in > May! Some of us actually started to study BEFORE May …

CFAHouston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is nothing straight forward when it comes to > CFAI and their exams… True that…Houston…it’s heartwarming hearing that from you :). Especially this past L2…I consider myself totally unlucky for not passing it. Better luck next time!

CFAHouston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is nothing straight forward when it comes to > CFAI and their exams… i wholeheartedly agree. i had no idea what any of those questions meant/related to…

:True that…Houston…it’s heartwarming hearing that from you :). Especially this past L2…I consider myself totally unlucky for not passing it. Better luck next time!" :slight_smile: Yup, next year is it!~!

I knew it would be on the exam. and I studied for it. it was on the exam but I scored <50 on PM. I remember guessing 4 out of 5 questions on PM, lol it was the end of the exam and I didnt care anymore.

Turkish_dude? a rename?

I knew it was going to be on the exam. I studied for it plus I really find the topic interesting and use it. And then I scored <50. * Schwesser said “a formula (the derivation and format of which are beyond the scope of the L2 curriculum) is available to quantify the quality of an analyst’s alpha forecast”. This formula apparently is NOT beyond the scope of the exam.

no dude… you must be talking about another turkish dude who is not turkish_dude

olivier Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFA Institute Awarded Jack Treynor the Award > for > > Professional Excellence in May of '07. > > > > Note to self…check the CFAI press releases > in > > May! > > > Some of us actually started to study BEFORE May > … That is when the award was given, numbnuts.

I am soooo over this thread

are we still talking about this???