June 2008

I wonder if there are people who already started preparing for june 2008??? what is the general consensus ?? I am thinking Dec end / Jan …also, since now we get FREE!! official curriculum when we register so you guys are still planning to buy schweser or somethin??

I just started on Monday by looking at all the topics. From what I’ve seen so far there just isn’t time to read through all the CFAI material and fully understand everything. I think everyone is different, but it helps me to read through and try to understand something several times and do a lot of questions before it sinks in well enough where I get to the point I can apply it on exam day. I also ordered the Schwesser material today and will mainly use that, along with the CFAI to further explain topics I’m having trouble with and for questions. I’m thinking of spending about 20 minutes each day and maybe longer on the weekends to get an early start. I didn’t start level 1 until March, but I’m worried about Level 2.

I just finished Reading 2 yesterday. Moving onto soft dollar standards now.

I’ll be starting in March.

i started on ibanking topics…

I begin October 1st. Its a monday and I like to start everything on Mondays and it just so happens it coincides with the begining of the month. So I believe I will take advantage of this rare opportunity when the week and the month begin simultaneously. That being said…I will ease into the curriculum. I used CFAI materials for L1 and spent the first two months reading and highlighting. - JB

I have started to read the stuff that is most interesting/important for me as I don’t want to burn myself out before crunch time. I have read most of corp finance and now will start econ.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I begin October 1st. Its a monday and I like to > start everything on Mondays and it just so happens > it coincides with the begining of the month. So I > believe I will take advantage of this rare > opportunity when the week and the month begin > simultaneously. That being said…I will ease into > the curriculum. I used CFAI materials for L1 and > spent the first two months reading and > highlighting. > > - JB Pretty much the same on all counts for me (except I used alot of Schwesser on L1).

completing SS11 today

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > completing SS11 today Don’t tell me you’ve already done 1-10…

UPS has been at my door today and will try again tomorrow when I will actually be home… On Saturday I don’t have any plans during the day so I’m afraid I won’t be able to resist and open the books. Hardcore studying… not yet (I think).

See, that’s exactly why I’ve yet to register.

I registered yesterday and to my pleasant surprise they charged me $550 while the price mentioned on their website is $600 for the first deadline !!! I say not bad at all with the books included :slight_smile:

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See, that’s exactly why I’ve yet to register. I registered already and the books are sitting on my desk. Believe me, you can resist opening those things.

“I registered yesterday and to my pleasant surprise they charged me $550 while the price mentioned on their website is $600 for the first deadline !!! I say not bad at all with the books included :-)” Nice arb.

I made the mistake of starting studying three months before the exam- yeah, overstating my brain capacity!!! BIG MISTAKE! The sooner you start, the better. You know the saying, “dont let for tomorrow what you can do today”. If you have time, start now. For some topics, it is memorizing, and that takes time. Good luck!

Yeah, right now, we have some time to study. So it had better study with curriculum thorougly. And when we get to have less time, then study with the material from schweser because it summarized the curriculum very well. Anyway, it might cost a lot because of $600(cfa)+$350(shcweser).

Ok, my roommate has exams for grad school and is mad studying today, so I might take the plunge. SS11, here I come. I’ll leave ethics for later, starting on quant. Coffee is in hand, ready to go. It’s amazing outside, so I don’t really think I’m going to get very far. Maybe an hour or 2… I need to ease back into this. Let the games begin!

I started this morning. Went to my favorite study place (former cadillac dealership turned into giant coffee house). Nothing too serious. I am sticking w/ my L 1 strategy so I am gonna read though all of CFAI curriculum in order. So that means ill be pounding away at ethics for the first little bit. Though, I am disappointed as they didnt change a single thing. They use the same exact examples for guidance as they did in L1. I mean, cmon, couldn’t they at least change the name of the fake brokerage firm or investment bank? Shenanigans. Glad to see Bannis posting again. I expect to see more posts from Nola soon as well. Harris will be posting his L2 seminar dates and location in November. If you two are super nice I’ll take his Beantown class instead of his NYC one. JB

I read though SS11, have done about half of the practice problems there, will tackle the rest tomorrow. so far so good, but man, it’s going to be a slow jog before I get back up to full study speed. that said, plan to go out tonight, something I don’t get much of 2 months before an exam. Harris does Boston seminars? Sweet! I only thought he did NYC. Either is fine- I think I’ll probably shell out the $$ and take him this year. I have feeling NOLA and I are super nice- you’re always welcome here so long as you say LETS GO RED SOX! Division champs, feels good. Next task, the Angels.