CFAI books and 2007 Schweser Notes?

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered already. My dilemna is whether or not I should order the 2008 Schweser notes. I took level 2 in June and am planning on retaking it in June’08. Do you guys think I will be ok using June '07 Schweser notes, the 2008 Question Bank and the CFAI books or Should I order the June '08 Schweser notes. I really don’t want to be signing up for the June 2009 level 2 exam!!

Don’t you get 50% off Schweser stuff if you fail? Why not pony up $200 or whatever it is for the books so you can do it right

50% or $50?

I could be wrong but I thought it was 50% off. But I think if you really don’t want to be there again in June 2009, spend the couple hundred dollars and get the correct notes. Remember, Schweser is very good, but not even they cover exaclty what is on the exam (the whole T/B thing in PM in 07), so why leave more up to chance, especially when they drop LOSs (why learn and read them if they aren’t in the curriculum) and add a good deal more

Did you use the curriculum at all for the '07 test? If not, I’d say the '08 curriculum and '07 Schweser should be sufficient. Just make sure you use the '08 curriculum for the lion’s share of your studying and just use Schweser here and there. You really can pass with just the curriculum, provided you put in the time.

jrumph, congrats on moving on to level 3. did you use schweser or the curriculum? i used only schweser for level 1.

You get 50% off if you have been a previous customer of Schweser for the same Level.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jrumph, congrats on moving on to level 3. did you > use schweser or the curriculum? i used only > schweser for level 1. I used both Schweser and the curriculum for both Levels 1 and 2.

I’m using the CFAI books and 2007 Schweser notes. It depends a lot on your studying habits though. I prefer to go through the CFA books and do the problems while using the study notes as a supplement. If I have a hard time understanding a concept, I use the 2007 schweser notes to simplify things. I already started studying this month since this takes me more time than simply reading study notes. For the 2006 Level I exam, I used some of the CFA books (White/Sonhi, Fabozzi, etc), 2004 Schulman Review, and 2006 Schweser Book 6 - I passed no problem! Again, my main source was always the CFA books.