June 08 here we come.

Since the study posts are beginning to trickle in I have a couple of questions / observations. In between watching smoking hot eastern european babes running around in bikinis on dancing with the stars I have been casually reading through book 1. Ethics 60-70% the same as 07 LI. No Gips LOS. The new LOS on soft dollar, research objectivity and the prudent investor rule seem reasonable enough. Quant 100% Regression w/ hypothesis testing. This stuff is just flat out fun. The autoregressive and time series models have me thinking up all kinds of fun side projects to start. Excel Data Analysis tool spits out the same ANOVA table & stats as the examples in the book. (I am going to have to get to work on regressing the independent variables home team, winning percentage, money line, and AP rank on the dependent var Margin of Victory for BCS conf football.) As a bonus there can’t be more than a half dozen new formulas to master. Econ 50-60% the same as 07 LI. 3-4 of the readings are exactly the ones from last year LI (Trading w/ the world, Int’l finance, Foreign Ex, For Ex parity). Even the LOS for those readings are the same with maybe 3-4 new LOS stuck in at the end of each chapter. Obviously triangular arb w/ bid ask is a pain in the ass but you knew that already. The other new stuff like economic growth and measuring eco activity is pretty short. Book 2 for FSA is like a pamphlet compared to last years FSA book. I hope to give that a read through over the next couple weeks. I am preparing myself for a cold slap in the face there. One other thing: Are the end of chapter questions listed as 2006 Level II exam REALLY questions from the June 2006 exam?!? They can’t be, right?

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Quant 100% Regression w/ hypothesis testing. This > stuff is just flat out fun. The autoregressive > and time series models have me thinking up all > kinds of fun side projects to start. Excel Data > Analysis tool spits out the same ANOVA table & > stats as the examples in the book. (I am going to > have to get to work on regressing the independent > variables home team, winning percentage, money > line, and AP rank on the dependent var Margin of > Victory for BCS conf football.) As a bonus there > can’t be more than a half dozen new formulas to > master. I really enjoyed quant on level1 but I have looked over it a bit for level2 and I am already lost. I hope you don’t mind if I lean on you a bit here. I had fun with some of our back and forths before last June.

I dont know about you guys, but I cant motivated to read the actual CFAI books… I get my Schweser this week and I am surprisingly stoked to get started with it. Im also sitting here at my I-banking job at 2:00 AM fondly remembering the hours I spent studying for Level I… it sucks that we have to wait until June to take this baby

I got the CFAI books yesterday. Must say that it looks okay so my assumption is that the questions will be tougher and require more understanding of the material than the ‘know what it says’-type questions in L1. Must say that I like that idea. What I’m doing now is not quite studying yet but I’m reading a study session here and there just because it’s fun.

hey slouis… how about a song to start the studying session on the right foot??

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey slouis… how about a song to start the > studying session on the right foot?? Good idea.^

InfiniteMav Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont know about you guys, but I cant motivated > to read the actual CFAI books… I get my Schweser > this week and I am surprisingly stoked to get > started with it. Im also sitting here at my > I-banking job at 2:00 AM fondly remembering the > hours I spent studying for Level I… it sucks > that we have to wait until June to take this baby same. i got the cfai books but i dont plan on reading it… i was studying schweser 07 i guess i can switch to 08 soon

I have put my music career on hold to begin work on busting vegas. I have stats for the first 5 weeks of the college football season and then regressed two indep variables: home team wins x opp winning %age and away team wins x opp winning %age against the dependent var Margin of Victory. Excel spits out t-stats, sig of F and adjusted R sqrd. Anyway this week I like: Kentucky +3.5 Wisconsin +2.5 Auburn -7.5 Alabama -11 Texas +11 Nebraska +6.5 and how about VT +5 now, lets see how that stacks up.

Slouis is actually John Anthony…the million dollar man aka Brandon Lang

VT covered the spread by 23 points. I could not be more proud of my boys! :'l

Great weekend. Hokies win. Steelers win.

mwvt9, I need to edit your post: mwvt9 (should have) wrote: Great weekend. Hokies win. Redskins win.

Uh oh. This might not end well. ^ Luckily, my dad is a skins fan…so I will let it slide. :slight_smile:

Over the weekend I officially started my journey to June 7, 2008. My goal is to score >70 in every section (including PM). This will guarantee me a passing grade. I will start to walk in the fall, jog in the winter and sprint in the spring. I intend to cover the following topics: Oct - Ethics / Quant Nov - Quant / Econ Dec - Corp Fnan / Review Jan - FSA / Asset Val Feb - Equity / Fixed Income Mar - Derivatives / Port Mgmt 1st half of Apr - Derivatives / Port Mgmt Apr & May - Review (goal is to have 6 to 8 wks of review) June 7, 2008 - Kick @ss and pass Level 2!!

Giants (+3.5) are a lock tonight in case anyone wants a get rich quick plan. Plaxico is too much man for any corner to handle. Jacobs will run over some scared d backs. Redskins fans should be worried about the Gmen right now.

d’angelo hall will eat plaxico’s lunch, but the rest of the falcons s*ck enough that if i were a betting girl (i am not), i’d say you’re on the money with your pick. after the pats schooling of dallas yesterday, honestly, who even cares about the nfc? it’s jv-afc. in cfa news, finished SS12, did the problems, and was surprised at how many i got wrong at first crack. once q-bank is out, i have a feeling i might have to spend a good amount of time reinforcing these concepts. we’ve moved beyond my stats 101 basic knowledge unfortunately, but so far it all seems very learnable- just will take a bit of practice.

giants +3.5? it’s -3.5 isn’t it? if it is, +3.5 it seems like a sucker’s bet. in my experience, when it looks too much like a no brainer, it usually goes the other way. but who knows, i suck.

clama Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My goal is to score >70 in every > section (including PM). Really, no sh!t?!