new level 2

What material is the exact same from last year?

nope, changed by 35-40% from what I hear. New section Alt. Assets added, less FSA, and more changes, refer to CFAI website…they should have the info you are looking for.

“Level 2 Curriculum Changes: The Level 2 curriculum has changed by about 30%. A total of 19 new readings have been added, 5 readings have been substantially revised, and 21 readings from 2007 have been dropped entirely. Alternative Investments are now part of the Level 2 curriculum for the first year, and the number of Quantitative Methods and Portfolio Management LOS have nearly doubled.”

“Level 2 Curriculum Changes: The Level 2 curriculum has changed by about 30%. A total of 19 new readings have been added, 5 readings have been substantially revised, and 21 readings from 2007 have been dropped entirely. Alternative Investments are now part of the Level 2 curriculum for the first year, and the number of Quantitative Methods and Portfolio Management LOS have nearly doubled.” That just made me puke…

Is the new curriculum more difficult than last year?

Just finished reading Ethics. They have added two new areas involving soft dollar and research objectivity standards. Other than that, a lot of the additional LOS in ethics, while important, are really nothing different from LI Ethics! They just put separate LOS numbers to inflate the number of LOS, ultimately, we have to thoroughly understand and be able to apply the six code of ethics and all seven standards anyway, just like in Level I!! In fact, I am glad they dropped all that “Global Investment Performance Standards” stuff! Also, looks like out of the three readings in Quant, the first one (Reading 11) and most part of Reading 12 covers the same regression/hypothesis testing materials as Level I!! So we really need to concentrate on the latter half of Reading 12 and Reading 13 (which is time series analysis). This, once again, shows that the LOS in Reading 11 and part of Reading 12 artificially inflate the number of LOS, but in fact, are materials we just need to review from our Level I notes. Hope this serves as a little comfort…it did for me! Good luck to everyone. -ron-

I just realized…I probably posted in the wrong thread… you guys seem to be talking about what changed in LII from last year’ LII, while I was just talking about how it is different from LI that I just passed this June! Sorry about the confusion. -ron-

FI is about 99% the same.

FI ?

Is that a joke supercop?

Can anyone rationalize what warrants such substantial changes to the curriculum annually? This practice inspires my inner cynic.

http://www.stalla.com/pdf/Level2_LOS_FinRT.pdf

hiredguns1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can anyone rationalize what warrants such > substantial changes to the curriculum annually? > This practice inspires my inner cynic. Hum, I beleive the only one that can is called Mr. bottom-line.

lxada269 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.stalla.com/pdf/Level2_LOS_FinRT.pdf That’s 2006 to 2007 changes not 07 to 08