Quant stuff

This is a elementary question but I want to make sure I have this down. I was having some problems understanding the beginning quant for Level 2, so I went back and looked at level 1 quickly. When you are sampling and creating a confidence interval you must choose the appropriate test stat. Schweser has a table that shows if NORM dist with KNOWN var then use z-stat. If NORM with UNKOWN var use t-stat, etc. The NORM or NON-NORM (and var for that matter) is refering to the underlying distribution of the parameter in question correct (say a mean of a population)?

Parameters don’t have distributions. They are numbers. Schweser is referring to the distribution of the observations.

Good thanks. Those are probably my clumsy words not Schweser. Like I said I need a refresher.

How come I can’t ever sleep?

Because you worked your brain for so many years the damn thing doesn’t know when to shut down! Plus you are still pissed that your tarheels didn’t beat the hokies when they had the chance last week.

My heels beat Miami. For a Carolina football team, that’s about all we can hope for out of a season.

Nice!^. You had a couple of good years when Dre Bly and Peppers (I think he was there right?) were playing. It all comes back around in hoops season.