Can Level II be done in 4-4.5 Months?

Just sat for Level I last saturday. If I pass I plan on trying to do Level II in 4 months. I really don’t want to wait close to a year and a half to try Level II in 2009. Thoughts, tips? Thanks to all. Mike.

Start studying now.

My colleagues say they all waited for results from LI before cracking the books, leaving you with around 4.5, like zoser55 says, I’d rather be on the conservative side (I’m in the same row boat in the ocean you are). If I do anything it’ll be to grab LII practice exam and see if there are any areas that would completely blind side me and maybe get a jump on those. (I have a Finance B.Comm) If you want a head start take a look at this deal from schweser that was posted elsewhere and GL… www.schweser.com/news/email/cfa_2008/half_now/index.html

I know hardly anyone who already started for level 2 so I’m pretty sure the mass will not get started until feb, maybe march. Don’t worry about it. It may even be a good idea to take some time off now and wait for the result.

Michael, you’re in the groove…don’t lose your momentum…with Schweser’s offer above, you can check out the L2 curriculum before you get the Candidate Readings from CFAI regardless of your L1 results…L2 is a whole other animal and requires a lot of preparation…more than a lot of people realize…if you don’t want to wait a year and a half, I’d say keep going now!! Good luck whatever you decide to do…

go4it, you’re killing me with your promotion of schweser. everything you post in these forums has to do with schweser or getting schweser material. it’s very thinly veiled. i love schweser. i’m using schweser, but you are annoying the crap out of me. "you’re in the groove, don’t lose momentum… with schweser’s offer… " LOL. the analystforum is a great place to get unbiased opinions from actual users/testtakers. don’t ruin that with your shameless advertising. thanks.

owned.

lame. i might take those stupid schweser LOS cards that they sent now and burn them one by one until this jack*ss is booted off of AF. as for original question, i sure hope it can be done seeing as I’ve barely started! I’d tell any L1’ers right now to chill out, relax, see your families and friends, etc… until results are out. then dig in and go strong. 4 months is enough. try to unwind. RELAX. become a boozebag for the holidays- those are always fun at the ol’ work xmas party. I’m going to start FSA today. Just finished FI and I’m curious as to how hard folks thought the FI section was on last year’s test. Maybe it was because I did quant first and there were a lot of big words or something that frightened me somewhat, but thought that the L2 materials for FI don’t seem all that horrible at all. Not to say I’m even close to done, but wasn’t a painful read. Go4it, I’m reading schweser also… big stars for me, right?

haven’t gotten to fixed income yet. just finishing up econ (finished quant and ethics already, may have already forgotten all the quant, actually :slight_smile: ) , which seems like mostly fx stuff from Level 1. not too bad at all. but i did the worst in econ last year so what do i know. having a hard time going full speed during december. and yes, i think 4.5 months is definitely enough time to pass.

Good to see some of you LI’ers from June have started for LII already. If it want for all of your help I dont think I would have passed. I am sitting here in my room staring at the LII Schweser books. I just got a new job and am relocating so I might not be able to get started until things settle down a bit in a month or so. Plus I have been told to expect 7-7 every day so we will see… Good luck to everyone.

Good to see some of you LI’ers from June have started for LII already. If it wasnt for all of your help I dont think I would have passed. I am sitting here in my room staring at the LII Schweser books. I just got a new job and am relocating so I might not be able to get started until things settle down a bit in a month or so. Plus I have been told to expect 7-7 every day so we will see… Good luck to everyone.