Most effective way to study ethics? Any thoughts?

What are your best advice for studying ethics effectively? I’m sure I’m not the only one struggling with this material right now? Do you draw mindmaps? Run the Qbank ad infinitum? Recite the code while commuting to work? Read it over and over and over? Flashcards? Last year I wrote a pretty good summary of it, I’m thinking of rewriting it to make it even more suitable for reading on the tube.

wawa, What you’re saying sounds about right. —>Do you draw mindmaps? Run the Qbank ad infinitum? Recite the code while commuting to work? Read it over and over and over? Flashcards? Last year I wrote a pretty good summary of it, I’m thinking of rewriting it to make it even more suitable for reading on the tube. Chances are what worked for you to pass ethics at Level 1, will aid you considerably at Level 2.

Yes, but what was new and interesting during Level I now seems to be a massive heap of text that I will have to get through somehow. In any case I rewrote all cases into ‘bullet point’ form during Level I, with a heading and the fictitious character’s name. That helped me a lot in being able to get a grasp of the underlying logic of each case, stripping it from the lengthy textual form, and only have bare bullet points. Here’s an example, the Michael Allen case: Michael Allen UNDERWRITING OF SECURITIES • Overstate earnings in files that Alan filed with regulatory body. • In-house counsel says: “difficult to prove”. Alan should: • Report to supervisor. • Seek independent legal opinion. • Decide: notify regulator? That helped me a lot. I’m thinking of rewriting my bullet-point applications in some suitable form, as flashcards maybe.

Here is what worked well for me. 1) Understand the underlying principles behind Ethics and the purpose of the standards. 2) Memorize all 7 standards with substandards and review them once in a while. 3) Know well what to do in typical situations similar to the one you described. 4) Q-bank …

read and pratice over and over and over. however take my advice with a grain of salt, i found the ethics section to be the easiest section. i guess thats the benefit of having a sociology degree, all i did was read horribly written academic papers and try and decipher them. I feel sorry for you engineering guys

wawa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, but what was new and interesting during Level > I now seems to be a massive heap of text that I > will have to get through somehow. > > In any case I rewrote all cases into ‘bullet > point’ form during Level I, with a heading and the > fictitious character’s name. That helped me a lot > in being able to get a grasp of the underlying > logic of each case, stripping it from the lengthy > textual form, and only have bare bullet points. > Here’s an example, the Michael Allen case: > > Michael Allen > UNDERWRITING OF SECURITIES > • Overstate earnings in files that Alan filed with > regulatory body. > • In-house counsel says: “difficult to prove”. > Alan should: > • Report to supervisor. > • Seek independent legal opinion. > • Decide: notify regulator? > > That helped me a lot. I’m thinking of rewriting my > bullet-point applications in some suitable form, > as flashcards maybe. wow, i think you nailed it. im going to start using that.