Basic Question seeking a decent answer

Guys I have a straight forward Q: What’s the best Q-Bank out there for Lvl2? I personally hate schweserPro, I felt the questions were weak and did not reflect the actual difficulty of the lvl1 exam. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Hey Usif, I used the Passmaster from Stalla for Level I as my Q-bank, and while I also ended up buying the Q-bank, I preferred Stalla’s problems. I thought they were almost harder on average than the actual exam and I can’t think of anything that was on the test that they hadn’t covered. They were no doubt more difficult than the Q-bank questions. For LII I purchased the Schweser premium package mainly for the study notes and books 6 and 7, but also bought Passmaster from Stalla.

Also with passmaster, you get complete set of Stalla notes (embedded in the software). They can be a nice addon to your study material. I also used schweser for L1 and had the same experience. Qbank questions were too easy.

Great point on the Stalla notes embedded in the passmaster software. That was enough for me to go with passmaster instead of the qbank.

Here’s my answer: Hope it meets the criterion of decency: I used the Stalla Passmaster for Level I, and I also had the QBank from Schweser. (which I used for the 2nd attempt). PASSMASTER Cons: I found with the Stalla passmaster is that 1. The order of questions and the order of answers remained the same, no matter how many times you reviewed a topic. Even though people might say that their memory is really bad, that the answer to Q1 was B and that for Q2 was C sticks, because the order of questions never change, and neither do the order of the answers. 2. There is no online access 3. Immediate feedback (green for right, yellow for wrong, as soon as you clicked). Pros: Passmaster gives you the Study guides in their entirety - so you have the materials available at your work computer, if you wanted them. QBANK: PROS 1. On line access 2. Random ordering of questions, answers too (even if the question had been seen earlier, you still need to do some deciphering, albeit to find out the answer) 3. Feedback is after you have answered a whole set, or else you can set it up to provide feedback between 2 questions. CONS: 1. Some of the questions were rather simplistic in nature. In general, both tools provided a good mechanism to select a bunch of topics and take random ordered question sets from those topics. Qbank provided options of a. basic, intermediate, advanced topics (though people would differ on their opinion of the real complexity of the questions). b. ability to select a % of questions either with equal weightage (corresponding to # of topics and total # of questions) or based on CFA weightage. In Passmaster - there was only 1 level of questions, and only CFA weightage at that. These are at a high level my assessment of both tools. As to whether they were really useful in passing the exam – I am not completely sure till the 23rd Jan date comes and goes, and I know my results for the L1. CP

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s my answer: Hope it meets the criterion of > decency: > > I used the Stalla Passmaster for Level I, and I > also had the QBank from Schweser. (which I used > for the 2nd attempt). > PASSMASTER Just to clarify, if you purchase the online version of the Stalla course there is both online access and the CD’s otherwise I agree with your assesment on the questions. > Cons: I found with the Stalla passmaster is that > 1. The order of questions and the order of answers > remained the same, no matter how many times you > reviewed a topic. Even though people might say > that their memory is really bad, that the answer > to Q1 was B and that for Q2 was C sticks, because > the order of questions never change, and neither > do the order of the answers. > > 2. There is no online access > 3. Immediate feedback (green for right, yellow for > wrong, as soon as you clicked). >