Level II Study Schedule for June 2008

Hello, Does anyone has any study schedule(per study session), which would be helpful for others to tailor accrodingly ? Response will be greatly appericiated. Cheers

No, but if you start now and spread it out until early May, that’s a good enough schedule. Schweser’s program is starting in two weeks and they’re cramming the 18 study sessions over some 16-week period.

Mine is pretty much 1 week per study session…then review and tests along the way.

I still want to be finished by early April at the latest. “Finished” means being able to score >70% in Q-bank right after reading the material. I realise that after a few months I will be scoring lower again but I feel that I must be able to improve my total score gradually in April & May. My main worry is that I’m falling behind and don’t have the time to make it up.

My goal is to finish my initial reading of and the practice problems for all 72 readings by the end of April. I set milestones so that I can measure my progress in order to determine if I’m track or not. So here are my target milestones for the end of each month: January - 24 readings complete February - 39 readings complete March - 56 readings complete April - 72 readings complete May - review, problem sets, and practice tests complete Jun - final review I get the impression that my schedule would put me behind most people on this forum though. LobsterBoy

same here lobsterboy…but then again, some ppl on this forum have jobs (i hope), so they start earlier. i work too, but still obliged myself to finish all readings by end of April. I somehow managed to take from May to June 7 off work, so i will be working at least 10 hours a day for 40 days reviewing and homing in my skills. Will be enough

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mine is pretty much 1 week per study > session…then review and tests along the way. this is what i do. my goal: finish up ‘learning’ new material by the end of April and then test test test for May and then about 2/3 days before the test stop and just read ethics. (some will argue that stopping is bad, but for me there is a burnout factor). this is what i did for L1 and i was successful. also scheduling to end new material overview by end of April puts in a buffer of time for those unexpected things that come up in life… and they always do.

My time is simply limited because of a job that is quite time consuming. Therefore it’s vital that I study whenever I find the time if I don’t want to be too stressed in May/June.

I’m starting today and trying to do one reading per day until April 18th (that leaves me 22 days of “fudge” time from March 28th to April 18th for days I’m hungover and whatnot). My “studying” consists of reading the material and doing the problems from the textbook for an hour or two each night, and then reinforcing that with Qbank for an hour or two the next day at work. On April 19th, I’m shooting to take my first Book 6 test to gauge my progress. From there, I identify my strengths and weaknesses and review the material accordingly, taking a practice exam for six of the seven weekends remaining before the test and reviewing material as needed. I’m hoping to know that I’m going to pass going into the test so after I’m done on June 7th I can sit back and know that I passed. The wait for results (even though I was pretty confident for Level I) sucked. *Disclaimer: there is a 0% probability that I’ll stick to this schedule; however, it’s nice to pretend.

I am going to try and follow the Schweser study plan … looks good to me and gives me an excuse if i fail

Hello, What is Schweser study plan ? -Thanks

You plug in the starting date and your planned end date, and the software chops up the curriculum for you, with one or a few readings/assignments per day.

Am going to follow the one that Schweser recommends - Jan 21st Ethics Jan 28th Quant Feb 4th Economics / Corp fin Feb 11th Corp Fin Feb 18th FSA Mar 10th Equity Inv Mar 31st Fixed Income April 14th Deriv Inv April 21st Deriv / Portfolio Management April 28th Portfolio Management May 5th REVISION / Practice Exams

I’m also going to start on the 21st, as I didn’t do a lick of studying last night (save for about two minutes of leafing through Book 0) and am going on a four day bender the second work’s done today. I’m using up my “fudge days” like they’re going out of style.

You can always do the glutton for punishment approach as I have done. Read the books completely, taking notes according to the LOIS. Put the notes onto 3x5 cards (I have 1,500 right now.) With the 3x5 cards done, I review the cards and beat them into my head every spare second I have (usually on the train). When I can go through 75%+ of the cards exactly (about mid-end Mar.) I work on tests and problems sets, and anything I can google that looks like it will help. Thank god I’m married and my wife’s studying for the CPA so I can be lifeless with someone else.

u guys are already studying without knowing the L1 results??? I can’t get myself to do it… there is os much to enjoy in life…

“u guys are already studying without knowing the L1 results???” Ancient, I think that the majority of Level II takers took Level I last June. We’ve had our results for a while now, and you not knowing that fact leads me to believe that you probably didn’t pass. However, you do seem to have a good view on life, so congrats on that, and good luck on your results; for your sake, I hope that I’m wrong.

I read ethics once and I am basically done with Quant. I actually have been fearful of getting too far into it too early- want it to be fresh. But I think the time is upon us and it is time to become a little insane, pissed off, and just plain stressed out. This is going to suck. I think basically the sooner I come to grips with this fact the better off I am. All that crap about passion about finance gets real old come May. I am not wasting my time again on a low intensity first read. Even when I’m not studying, what I am reading has to be in the back of my mind. If I forget something, I have to go back and look it up, and keep looking it up. Lastly, I am just going to focus on what I am reading at any given time, no time to be inspired, just jam it in there and reflect on it when I get a PASS. LIFE IS GOING TO SUCK!!!

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “u guys are already studying without knowing the > L1 results???” > > Ancient, I think that the majority of Level II > takers took Level I last June. We’ve had our > results for a while now, and you not knowing that > fact leads me to believe that you probably didn’t > pass. > > However, you do seem to have a good view on life, > so congrats on that, and good luck on your > results; for your sake, I hope that I’m wrong. I took the test in Dec. I dont know if i passed or not.

“I took the test in Dec. I dont know if i passed or not.” Yeah, we all kinda got that buddy. Thanks for clarifying though, and good luck with your results.