Amount of time per question

Hey everyone, Just a silly question but it’s been bugging me a bit lately. What’s the recommended amount of time you should take for every multiple choice question in the exam? Thanks for your help.

I generally spend about 44 seconds per question. This gives me a nice time cushion to be able to check out the massive exam room for any choice analyst muff that might be present at the exam.

'bout time someone used the word muff around here.

120 questions for 3 hours (twice), so about a minute and a half per question on the exam. NateDogg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey everyone, > > Just a silly question but it’s been bugging me a > bit lately. What’s the recommended amount of time > you should take for every multiple choice question > in the exam? Thanks for your help.

> 120 questions for 3 hours (twice), so about a minute and a half per question on the exam. Doesn’t level II have fewer questions than this?

Yeppers…last I checked, 120 questions total on Level II, 6 hours total to complete…that would be 3 min per question, but that includes reading the one page essays that the item sets are based on. :wink:

Oops, sorry, I thought I was on the level 1 forum. 3 min per question then. wicandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > 120 questions for 3 hours (twice), so about a > minute and a half per question on the exam. > > Doesn’t level II have fewer questions than this?

“but that includes reading the one page essays that the item sets are based on. ;)” How many essays would we read and how does it work with item sets… what do we do to prepare for it?

The item sets are 1-2 page vignettes (sp?) that are followed by 6 questions each. Since the reading time for the vignette is useful across 6 questions, it’s helpful to think in terms of item sets rather than in terms of questions: - 6 ours and 20 item sets = 18 minutes per item set. One tip is to read the questions BEFORE the vignette - this gives you an idea as to what’s needed from the vignette, and focuses your reading. One of the things that makes item sets harder than MC questions from L1 is that you have 5-10x the information in the vignette that you need for any one of the associated questions.

Thanx for the clarification BUSPROF! A few more questions… So if I understand correctly there will be 60 multiple choice Q’s and 60 Q’s from 10 item set for morning and afternoon sessions? Does SCHWESER prepare you for these item sets, and what is the best material to purchase to be in the best shape for L2. Thanx in advance